Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I just got back from riding my 46 Chief. It is all together and insured and plated. I am still practicing getting used to the foot rocker clutch. I stalled it a few times taking off as it is kinda touchy. If the guys with the newer bikes stall them they just push the botton. I have to kick the 1200 cc flathead over and remember to retard the spark or get a ride over the handlebars.
but I am a happy camper after 3 years of work and $22,000
put into it. I just got it appraised for my insurance and they said $28,000 to $30,000 but right now they are not selling good.
Rodster
:dancingfo

Attachments

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
slick rod.. id take a bike like that any day over those noisy rice burners - or the fake harleys

happy and safe riding...

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Looks good Rod i know you'll have fun on it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
I just got back from going around trying to get used to taking off from a stop with that clutch. it is a real trip. You can see it in the picture. You push the front part to disengage and the rear
part to engage. It has a friction disk so that you have to push the
clutch to go or stop no spring back. it is hard to find the friction point on a slow take off but I am getting better at it.
Rodster:elephant:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thats nice! Looks great! I'd be scared to ride it, in fear something would happen to it.

Sharp lookin ride,
Greg

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys
I can't understand why the chopper guys are putting foot clutch and Hand shift on those bikes if you are going to ride them much. I had to put another program in my friends 2000 Harley
Roadking Classic yesterday because of changing exhaust type.
I took it for a test ride. It was a real pleasure with the hand clutch
being able to put both feet down at a stop.
One of the bad parts of the foot clutch is if you stop to make a left turn you have to keep your left foot on the clutch to wait for traffic and can't keep one foot on the brake so that if a car is coming behind you the brake light is not on.
Rodster

1 - 9 of 9 Posts