Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well yeah so there are like no tractor threads anymore that people are posting so i'll make one:D The brakes on my 4100 are really bad in my opinion. If I use them they are kinda rough sounding. Now I only use them if i HAVE too cause it really slams to a stop. Are these brakes only for emergency use or something.:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
I suggest you get them checked out Buddy !! my 4100 brakes are excellent, and when in 4wd and you jamb on the brakes hold on you will fly forward if you arent belted in...

Give me some stat's on your machine...has it been serviced recently? did you just pick it up?

Duc

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
do you have two brake pedles or one on my Massey there are two.are the brake may be worn or worped l would get some one to look at them A.S.A.P

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they get looked at every fall before winter season. There are 3 brake levers one on the right and 2 on the left that helps with tighter turns if needed. I prob didnt describe it very good either

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Originally posted by farmallmaniac
well yeah so there are like no tractor threads anymore that people are posting so i'll make one:D The brakes on my 4100 are really bad in my opinion. If I use them they are kinda rough sounding. Now I only use them if i HAVE too cause it really slams to a stop. Are these brakes only for emergency use or something.:confused:
Guess I missed this one! Sorry! The brakes are for regular and normal use but are primarily park brakes for the most part as the hydro will do most of the breaking when you let up on the forward/reverse pedal. You may want to have the brakes checked. They should not need replacement on a tractor this new but if someone left the park brakes on or if they became stuck on and you did not notice this and continued to operate for a sustained period. (very easy to do on a hydro trans) the brakes may be worn out. (very unlikely but possible) Could also be that the brakes are sticking a certain amount and hindering operation. Best to verify proper operation. I believe the 4100 has wet type brakes and can be right expensive to replace.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Been awhile since I looked at this post. Did you ever have the dealer take a look at the brakes? What was the final call on the noise the brakes were making?

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Originally posted by farmallmaniac
dealer looked at em i guess and they fixed em
Ryan
You didn't ask to find out what the problem was? Might save you a trip to the dealer if it ever happens again and give you some info. to be aware of.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts