Tractor Forum banner

3point goes up & down on its own

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Tx Jim 
#1 ·
John deere tractor 3 point hitch goes up and down on its own while using a bush hog. will go up around 5 inches then returns to height that it is set to use. what's up with this?

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. Can't help you, but I'm wondering if the weight of the bush hog is making the three point react when it takes the weight of the bush hog due to uneven ground. Like I said, I don't have one of these, so I don't know if you set the height, or make it level and let it ride on the ground!?

#5 ·
You didn't specify what model as Deere has used about 12 different manufactures for the 3PT hydraulics for various machine series. Thus, you are only going to get 'generalized' help.

#9 ·
I remember selling new JD 820 utility tractors. Very seldon did a new 820 require any warranty repairs.

Place lever(item 16 2nd photo) under seat in "D" if not already in that position. Does 3 pt control lever stay where it's was last set when hand is removed from handle/ If not friction washers(item 10) need replaced or shimmed tighter.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.