Tractor Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Cylinders are repacked, 8 new hoses made.
Everything is in the surbaban since I picked it up today (Friday).
The machine shop actually had everything done by Wednesday about noon!

All of it goes to estate on Saturday. We be having fun now (course it has rained for 2 days and we are at a high of 46 degrees today). Boo hiss.

JW

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Things did not work out for a Saturday install.
Not sure it will get done before Thanksgiving... but since it is supposed to rain the rest of the week I guess I don't need to worry about it.

Weird weather.
JW

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
So looking at the first picture in this thread:
https://www.tractorforum.com/threads/330-international-—-what-is-this.40239/

Which ugly yellow color should I go with to repaint this lovely jewel prior to putting the cylinders back on?

The weather folks are saying it will be getting warmer next week and I'm hoping to sneak in some time to paint the cylinders.

Ugly mustard yellow
or
Ugly bright yellow?

JW

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Nothing got primed.
Nothing got painted.
I'm just putting it back together at this point.
Its been almost 2 years and I want this thing working so I can take it to the estate and use it for mowing. Besides, I have a perfectly good barn with lighting that it can live in -- generally dry when it rains. Would be easier to work on in there I think (hope?).

All the lines are reattached - lightly without permatex until I make sure all the lines/cylinders are correctly aligned.

Yes -- I am missing one line.

My next move is to move the seat so I can check the hydraulic fluid and figure out the replacing the hydraulic filter.

So, since I made some progress on the tractor, I moved on to the blackjack oak that was growing near the house. It died earlier this year. Its coming down this afternoon. My husband is past ready for it to go. Its interfering with his flower garden AND it dropped a limb that bounced off the door of the 87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue causing a slight crimp. OH NO! He's all worked up about it. I just see another project prior to being able to get a repaint.

Nonetheless, I chainsawed down the tree (about 18 inch diameter base). I did put a rope up high on it and run it over to the Zero Turn mower. Put my brother on the mower and told him to keep the line tight. I figured the tree would role since it had a double trunk about 11 foot up the base.

It rolled.

Missed the house, missed the lift, barely grazed the temporary wall for the garage.... SHE SCORES-- SHE WINS!!!

Spent an hour limbing the tree and when it got dark came inside to do these writeups.

I stood up to get a cup of tea a few minutes ago and oh-my-goodness you can tell I've been sitting in a hospital room, doctor's waiting room, or driving someone to/from those locations. Everything aches.... lol tonight should be fun to try and sleep.

Let me get the pictures resized and posted over the weekend.

JW

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Swung by the co-op and had them make me a new line. Spent too much time figuring out how to get the blue dye in the water line so I could locate the leak and of course forgot the permatex for the lines. So back to the co op tomorrow. JW

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Found the water leak!!
Jeeze doe it turn the water blue.

Now to wait until after Thankgsgiving so I can get the attention of a plumber to come fix this beauty.
I'm going to have to street sweeps and a cleanout put in when the line is fixed, assuming a plumber calls me back

Hope the weather holds.

JW

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Found the water leak!!
Jeeze doe it turn the water blue.

Now to wait until after Thankgsgiving so I can get the attention of a plumber to come fix this beauty.
I'm going to have to street sweeps and a cleanout put in when the line is fixed, assuming a plumber calls me back

Hope the weather holds.

JW

What do you have leaking? Maybe we can talk ya through fixing it too........

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
My leak?
Oh Boy,,, you don't want to go there.
Its 1/4 of a mile from the meter to the house.
Used to be a business, so the line is either 4 inch or 6 inch pipe buried 4 to 5 foot deep.

None of the plumbers will call me back ... go figure.

HOWEVER,
my cousin came the weekend before Thanksgiving so I had the water on (even with the leak) for 48 hours. Yes, in fact, there is a leak. It is bubbling up about 3 foot from the silver barn and draining back down the hill under the barn, hitting the rock and draining into the front catfish pond.
I have some of the prettiest, clean, clear water in the catfish pond.

I had put massive amounts of blue FDC food grade dye #01 in before my cousin arrived. I took 30 hour for the blue to migrate to the house.

So now, I know where the leak is and am trying to get a plumber out to repair the leak. It leaks over 1,200 gallons a day if you leave the water on.

I made the decision to not use my back and knees on the plumbing when I could use it on the tractor rehab and car rehab (hanging my head in shame ... wink wink).

But if you want to come help, there is a great place to stay with blue water coming from the faucets.

JW

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
My leak?
Oh Boy,,, you don't want to go there.
Its 1/4 of a mile from the meter to the house.
Used to be a business, so the line is either 4 inch or 6 inch pipe buried 4 to 5 foot deep.

None of the plumbers will call me back ... go figure.

HOWEVER,
my cousin came the weekend before Thanksgiving so I had the water on (even with the leak) for 48 hours. Yes, in fact, there is a leak. It is bubbling up about 3 foot from the silver barn and draining back down the hill under the barn, hitting the rock and draining into the front catfish pond.
I have some of the prettiest, clean, clear water in the catfish pond.

I had put massive amounts of blue FDC food grade dye #01 in before my cousin arrived. I took 30 hour for the blue to migrate to the house.

So now, I know where the leak is and am trying to get a plumber out to repair the leak. It leaks over 1,200 gallons a day if you leave the water on.

I made the decision to not use my back and knees on the plumbing when I could use it on the tractor rehab and car rehab (hanging my head in shame ... wink wink).

But if you want to come help, there is a great place to stay with blue water coming from the faucets.

JW

LOL................If you was closer, I would load up dad's old backhoe and come dig that line up for you......You seem like a very nice hard working person that is not afraid to try just about anything and probably a total blast to be around and work with.........We would get us some beer and maybe some "home brew" and fix it one way or the other or have one hell of a time trying.....

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Finally got a plumber to agree to come fix the leak.
Its going to be another 10 days, but should be done before Christmas.
Woohoo.

unsquidly -- right back at cha kiddo.

JW

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Monday and Tuesday I had 2 or 3 guys from the plumber locating, uncovering and fixing the leak.
Only thing is, there is no shut off valve for a 4 inch pipe (schedule 40) to be had in the 3 counties around here. sigh.

So I leave it uncovered until the part comes in and they come back and cut that brand new beautiful pipe to add in the shut off valve.

But another couple of days and I'll run water into it to see if it i fixed. I'll probably wait til Monday since trying it on a Friday would mean no help til Monday anyway.

But I can see this project ending soon and running water back at the house... indoor flushing toilets. Life will be grand.

JW

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Today was an interesting day.
I put the last 3 bolts into the hydraulic system to get everything reconnected.
Added 2.5 gallons of hydraulic fluid.
Took a lot of picture of the tractor.
Came in and spent 30 minutes looking for my manuals of the 330 International.

Did I buy a manual for the 330 international?

I found the 135 massey ferguson manual and the IH 1086 manual.
The 1962 Willys pickup manuals.
The manual for the Mahindra, the Chryler 5th Avenue, and the 79 LeBaron.

Did I only look at but never buy a manual for the 330?

Jeeze.

Looking at my pictures, I have no clue what some of these things are. I did identify the alternator and the fuel bowl. I know which cap is the radiator cap which means the other one must be the gas cap.

Bleh....

Now I"m going to have to search for manuals again and figure out what I need.
I've finished the hydrualics -- fluid changed out, filter cleaned, many (but not all) lines replaced, tires, studs, cylinders repacked. That leaves me now with fuel and electric. I'm thinking fuel is my next target.

Since the fuel bowl (ugly dirty on the outside is on the right side of the tractor -- i'm betting the carb is over there as well. So my next move is to remove the aprons covering the gas tank to see if that makes it easier to get at things with the bucket arms down.

But of course, the very very first thing is both freaking new tires are flat on the front.

JW

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
And here we are 7 months later .... two heart hospital visits, one vocal cord surgery, and waiting for the doctors to call us about the aortic valve replacement surgery.

I've finally got the mister into a routine, myself somewhat focused, and have started trying to clear out / finish up projects.

Trying to get the carb off the 330 utility... bleh.
How in the heck does someone with big hands do anything on this tractor?

My hands aren't large, but good grief, I'm having to back the two top nuts off the carb about 1/4 turn at a time.
So sometime in the next six or seven weeks I should have both the nuts off (not really, but it sure feels like it).

Was 100 today with a heat index of 108 so I'm going back to mornings outside ... 30 minute here and 1 hour there and eventually I'll get all my daily chores done.

Sorry I dropped out for so long but I just couldn't juggle it all. Tractors and trucks got put on the back burner.
But now
Bwa ha ha ha I've added 1 tractor back in and I've decided to add in 1 diesel truck and 1 gas vehicle .... after I get the place ready for 4th of July.

JW

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Today as podiatrist day -- new doc for hubby.
But I got up early and was down to water the horses, uninstall the new float valve for the water trough, put teflon on it like I should have when I installed it two days ago, reinstall the float valve, treated the horses for flies (at least I tried to), fed them treats, waited for the trough to fill, float works, horses drank water. I left.
back home before husband got out of bed.
The afternoon was to doctor, out for early dinner, swing by and check the horse trough again, then home.
way to hot... and no phone service this afternoon.

tractor will wait another day.

JW

41 - 60 of 66 Posts