Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Found the water leak!!
Jeeze doe it turn the water blue.

Now to wait until after Thankgsgiving so I can get the attention of a plumber to come fix this beauty.
I'm going to have to street sweeps and a cleanout put in when the line is fixed, assuming a plumber calls me back

Hope the weather holds.

JW

What do you have leaking? Maybe we can talk ya through fixing it too........

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
My leak?
Oh Boy,,, you don't want to go there.
Its 1/4 of a mile from the meter to the house.
Used to be a business, so the line is either 4 inch or 6 inch pipe buried 4 to 5 foot deep.

None of the plumbers will call me back ... go figure.

HOWEVER,
my cousin came the weekend before Thanksgiving so I had the water on (even with the leak) for 48 hours. Yes, in fact, there is a leak. It is bubbling up about 3 foot from the silver barn and draining back down the hill under the barn, hitting the rock and draining into the front catfish pond.
I have some of the prettiest, clean, clear water in the catfish pond.

I had put massive amounts of blue FDC food grade dye #01 in before my cousin arrived. I took 30 hour for the blue to migrate to the house.

So now, I know where the leak is and am trying to get a plumber out to repair the leak. It leaks over 1,200 gallons a day if you leave the water on.

I made the decision to not use my back and knees on the plumbing when I could use it on the tractor rehab and car rehab (hanging my head in shame ... wink wink).

But if you want to come help, there is a great place to stay with blue water coming from the faucets.

JW

LOL................If you was closer, I would load up dad's old backhoe and come dig that line up for you......You seem like a very nice hard working person that is not afraid to try just about anything and probably a total blast to be around and work with.........We would get us some beer and maybe some "home brew" and fix it one way or the other or have one hell of a time trying.....

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Busy day and an early start!
Any special concoction for treating the horses for flies? I've had luck with this....
View attachment 80301

Use it on the Horses and myself! A little goes a long ways.

I also use a product called SWAT. Seems to work well and it is medicated as well.
I installed a Conk automatic sprayer in the barn, but the $100.00 + unit only lasted a year! And I can't see that timed mist being good for anything or anyone!
I've even tried stockings on the donkey's! Works, but it looks bad!
View attachment 80302

We have used Bronco Gold for years and it seems to do a really good job overall and it make them look good as well.....They get it twice a day at feeding times......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts