Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This will be coming to my place within a month.

What do I have here?
Motor vehicle Pipeline transport Hood Wood Bumper
Plant Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Tractor
Plant Motor vehicle Cloud Sky Wood

I searched the interweb for pictures of a 330 international and all the pics were red. This looks like it was an original yellow -- like case rather than red like IH.

It looks heavy and well used.
Front tires are toast and its one heavy son-of-a-gun.
Have to use a chain and come-along to get the front bucket up enough to get it loaded and unloaded.

What is that odd looking thing in the bucket?

JW

168 Posts
This will be coming to my place within a month.

What do I have here?
View attachment 45739 View attachment 45741 View attachment 45743

I searched the interweb for pictures of a 330 international and all the pics were red. This looks like it was an original yellow -- like case rather than red like IH.

It looks heavy and well used.
Front tires are toast and its one heavy son-of-a-gun.
Have to use a chain and come-along to get the front bucket up enough to get it loaded and unloaded.

What is that odd looking thing in the bucket?

JW
paint was probably ordered federal yellow for highway use or a DPW somewhere. The third link looks like it might have been for a V ditche r for plowing furows in fields after they have been planted

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 330 is now at the estate (for the past 10 days).
Brutal trip.

Spent 5 hours here loading furniture and strapping it in for a trip to Meridian. Was only 95 here.
Heavy entertainment center, upright freezer, refrigerator, wine rack, lounger, various coffee tables - and 6 brand new tires to replace the dry rot ones on the gooseneck sitting down there .. leaving me at one for a good spare to come home with the bumper pull trailer holding the 330.

Got 9 miles from the property before an 18 year old rammed into the back of the trailer.
Sigh.
I knew it would be a long trip at that point.
No significant damage to the trailer but the front of his little plastic car is toast.
He must have thanked me a dozen times for not turning in a report to police or insurance.
Looked him straight in the eyes and said in a loud voice ' You keep your eyes on the road and watch what is in front of you. I catch you futzing with your phone driving again, and I will call the cops'.

I'm sure it made a 10 second impact and was forgotten. ha ha ha

Rest of the drive was uneventful..just long.

Up early the next day to unload furniture 20 miles from friends house.
I spent the next hour and half regretting having a finger that was busted.
Left there and within 2 miles, the truck started acting up. Front right hub.
Drove it to local mechanic another 19 miles away and left it.

Friend and I went back to meet the guy driving in to get the Willys Wagon and work on getting it on the trailer.

This was going to be so much easier since we were having a guy with a tractor/front end loader meet us to help load (wagon has flat rear wheels and no axle or wheels in front)..Except-- guy couldn't make it.

So in 106 temps, three of us were using my electric winch and the manual winch, 2 jacks, 2 roller bars, and a sacrificial piece of plywood to get this thing up on the trailer--without crimping the fenders. And yes, I forgot the snatchblock so the winch line was always pulling at an angle. And yes, the battery for the electric winch was dead so we had to use another car to jump to the battery to get the winch to run.

Guy couldn't back a trailer to save his life.

Do you know how hard it is to keep your mouth shut while someone is fighting a trailer and overly worried about scratching his Avalanche on a few low hanging branches of a lone oak tree in the pasture? I never thought it would end.

Eventually he went on his way.
Next day we go pick up the truck. Apparently, the transmission popped out of 2wheel high into 4 wheel high and I was hearing the hub rubbing. Nothing major other than we need to have the mechanic figure out why it started doing that.

Decided not to drive back that day because it was so hot and I was so late leaving, didn't want to risk that much weight driving nearly 200 miles in the heat.

Left the next morning coming home.
Drove fine... all was good.. til I got just past the halfway point.

Blew a tire on the trailer. Thankfully on a backroad state highway with a shoulder big enough to get most of the truck and trailer on the side of the road. Thankfully was only 93 so not too bad changing the tire.

Little over halfway through the process, Justin Velacruz stopped to help. Nice old guy. Made things go quicker.

100 miles later, dropped the trailer at the estate.

Just made a deal with a 15 yr old 'neighbor' kid (lives 11 miles away from estate). His daddy is gonna come pick up the trailer on Monday and take it to his place and unload it. Then his son is going to change fluids, battery, tires, etc. to get it running.

FFA project for him with money put in his pocket for college.

I'll post progress pics but I'm stretched too thin right now to take on another project. Besides, this tractor is in good enough shape to sell. Make some money and get another piece of iron off the property.

JW

· Premium Member
12,093 Posts
Heck, it was almost 84 here the other day, and not only did it wipe me out, but also my 32 year old laborer. Today it's going to be about 70. More my speed!

Bekasu, Just reading your activity log..... wore me out. What you taking for your energy levels? I'm impressed!

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hoodoo --
I've just so much to accomplish and it seems like the days get shorter and shorter.

I know the number of days in the years is decreasing as I get older. lol

I do slow down.

Just printed my form for my Texas State Fair entry (crocheted afghan). Fingers crossed!

Creative arts Woolen Wool Pattern Magenta

JW

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought I had worked a deal for a local guy and his son (FFA) to rehab the tractor.
After two weeks of it sitting on my trailer, I came to the momentous conclusion that it ain't gonna happen.

So, here we go with another tractor.
I have replaced the two front tires and ordered tires for the rear.

Somebody told me I should have taken the bucket off the front and it would make life (and moving it) a lot easier. But that is only true if you have something else to lift the bucket back in place / or off the trailer / etc.

Left the bucket on.

I ordered a parts book (it has arrived) and a manual for it.
And yes I plan to sell it once it is running.

Here is my novice question --

Governor - what do I need to look for ?

I've been reading on the internet but my brain isn't connecting other than if you have a governor then you won't have an alternator & vice versa.

There is no battery on it so I don't have to worry yet about anything being energized.

My Willys Pickup has a generator, my 87 Chrysler has an alternator, and now I think this 330 has a governor.

I believe the time has come that I am going to have to buy a book and learn about these things.

:eek:
JW

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I couldn't stand it.

Husband and I trailered it home today.
(hanging my head in shame).

And in celebration of the momentous event, mother nature chose today to rain a hot, splashy rain for about 40 minutes and its been following by a light drizzle for 2 hours.

Ain't nothing happening with it til tomorrow.

Then if the Mr. is feeling good, he will use his tractor to encourage it off the trailer.

Already have new tires on the front.
Bought the new tires for the rear and they are waiting til its unloaded.
Not enough room (width) on the trailer to exchange the tires.

Bought a manual and a parts book. The manual is almost useless.

More to follow when it dries out.

JW

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got it off the trailer.
Its now under my 'tractor repair tree'.
I sprayed the lug nuts/studs with pb blaster this evening and will do so again tomorrow morning.
I changed the two front tires while it was on the trailer, so they are new.

The right rear is flat and dry rotted. It will be the first one changed.
I have the replacement tires leaning against the tree.

I'm not too sure the best place to put the railroad jack to lift it.
This has so much extra armature for the bucket... I'll have to get creative.

I'll get the pictures resized and post them tomorrow while I'm waiting for my husband to get through his physical therapy.

JW

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This morning I carried my socket set over to see if the studs would loosen.
Success but no Victory.

I was able to use a breaker bar and a 22mm socket to loosen all but 1 stud.

That last stud has two rounded shoulders and a chip off one side.

There is no combination of sockets that works with it.
I sprayed it with more PB Blaster and will try this with a star wrench later.

JW

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Brother tried heat while I was gone taking husband to physical therapy.
Said it didn't work.
I'll check on it in the morning.

I've had several nights of little to no sleep so I barely made it home.. was so tired.
Put ice packs on husband's ankles, fed the dogs and then fell asleep in the lounger for 3 hours.

Means I didn't get back out there and check the tire.
Tomorrow is another day.

JW

1 - 20 of 73 Posts