Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 1991 Wheel Horse 312 H locally for $600. It has a 42" rear discharge mower deck and a snow blade. It has 649 hours on it. Is this a good deal? Should I be worried about the hours? It seems to run well. Cosemetically in needs a little work. I know little about these machines, but they look like they are well built.

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Hi Jon Welcome to Tractor forum!
I don't know much about wheel horse but it sounds like it might be a good deal. How is the overall appearance? Does it look like it was taken care of? You need to expect some normal wear and tear but things shouldn't be leaking or falling off. As for the hours it averages to about 50 per year. That's not too bad. Do you know the previous owner or have you seen where it was used and for what type of work? Just because there's only a plow and deck doesn't mean that's all he used it for. See if he has anything else he can include in the price like a set of tire chains for plowing or some extra belts or blades,etc. In the end the decision will have to made by you, if you feel it's a good deal go for it. But $600 for a decent name brand running tractor with a good deck and snow plow is a pretty good deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts