Tractor Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Originally posted by ducati996
Add to the 3pt hitch question regarding core aerators, has anybody run into problems puncturing their sprinkler systems hoses with a core aerator? sounds silly I guess but it dawned on me that it could happen, especially the area where I have my new system :eek:

What brands (3pt hitch) are good and price range?

Ducati
Duc, I have a 51 head system. Last year I double aerated with the commercial walk behind kind. I didn't hit any lines or control wires. You must mark the heads with flags to avoid hitting them. I still worry about hitting a line- but- so far so good. I also have an invisible dog fence that I mark and avoid altogether.( I use the audible alarm on the dog collar to find and mark it.)

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
My buddy wants a spreader too so I guys I will call around on Monday and see what kind of purchase deal I can find on 2 spreaders. We both want the pto spreaders with the big 600 lb. + hoppers. I just want to be sure I get a good quality spreader. I am going back for another pallet of 19-19-19 this week so I would like to use the pto spreader on this next batch. I bought a Lowes El Cheapo Agric Fab 40 inch core aerator today. Not exactly the highest quality but it was $169. It is going back if it doesn't work well and I may bet a Mid Western core aerator yet. I want to try the El Cheapo first to observe how the core plug holes look and the general theory works out and then I may move up to a larger unit if I can justify the cost.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts