Tractor Forum banner

3 pt pc behind my seat

303 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  novapwr
My newly acquired 3400 has a broken piece where the top stabilizer connects to the tractor. The bracket is still connected to the rear housing but it's broken loose from the shock absorber looking things. Is that piece replaceable or do I need to get it welded up? The broken piece on there now is just a thin looking threaded nipple someone welded on the end of the shock, or whatever it's called. I see it's bolted to the tractor with 3 bolts. Can I just unbolt it all and maybe get a harder more durable bushing welded on it?

Eye Human body Jaw Wood Artifact
See less See more
1 - 1 of 7 Posts
Looks to me like what you are talking about is the top link mount.....What make and model of tractor is this on?
It is a Ford 3400 unsquidly.

The shock absorber you mention is the top link sensing unit, which probably senses the draught control of the hydraulics, the unit will have a heavy spring inside the cover and through linkage will be attached to the inside workings of the hydraulics, you can cut off the broken socket and weld a new bushing onto the shaft, I would have a nice solid bushing made with more wall thickness than what that socket had, you may be able to weld that insitu, see if you can rotate the shaft against the spring pressure and if you can then Bob's your Uncle.
1 - 1 of 7 Posts