Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a local TSC there is a 3 point mounted log splitter with everything except the hoses for $599.
This item has sitting there since the 2001 season.

How much should I offer the manger to take this old inventory off his hands?

$475 $500 $525.

I will pay regular price for the hoses.

So what do y'all think?

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Well, no matter what price I would get it for, the first thing I would do is make it into a splitter powered by its own pump and motor and keep it off my tractors hydraulics. I never could see usiing tractor hydraulics to power a splitter. Something tears up tractor is down and out, and tractor hydraulics certainly are not cheap to buy opr fix. You could easily make it a standalone splitter for under 3 to 4 hundred and save a lot of wear and tear on your tractor. If your good at scrounging you could easily do it a lot cheaper. Besides its rare I can use a splitter without also needing my tractor at some point along the splitting process. Just my view on it..

There really is not much to a 3 point splitter, a basic frame, control valve, and cylinder, is abut all there is...the rest (pump, filter, resivoir etc) is all tractor mounted stuff

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
WE have a 3pt splitter and LOVE it. No extra engine to service and maintain, and there should be no reason for it to damage the tractor hydraulics.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Christmas came early; rain rain go away!

My mom bought me a 3 point log splitter for Christmas :D

I want the rain to go away so I can hook it up and bleed the lines and start splitting some wood!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
:santa: Congratulations!! You will be very pleased. we've used one for about 20 years now (about time to trade). They are very convenient, and will store in a small space, under a tractor, bench, what-have-you.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts