Tractor Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok Gurus I did not get a chance to put the box blade up and experiment with the knob under the seat. My son unhooked it so him and my father in law could begin replacing the bushings on the blade. Which I am not complaining about they are just trying to help since I'm working 6 days a week right now. I did manage to get some pictures of the controls on my tractor. I was also wrong the lever next to the seat is not a seat adjustment. It operates the remotes on the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Ok Gurus I did not get a chance to put the box blade up and experiment with the knob under the seat. My son unhooked it so him and my father in law could begin replacing the bushings on the blade. Which I am not complaining about they are just trying to help since I'm working 6 days a week right now. I did manage to get some pictures of the controls on my tractor. I was also wrong the lever next to the seat is not a seat adjustment. It operates the remotes on the back.
Hmmm. Some of the image don't make sense due to being so close and not knowing placement on the F395.

Hoye did list the F395 as a machine to avoid. Very weird because the engine isn't that rare.
Yanmar tractor models to avoid. (hoyetractor.com)

Originally, your machine looked like this.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tractor

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

I noticed on the web that the F395 without cab matches your setup and controls. The F395 with closed cab has all UFO electronic controls for the same model. This is something I recently discovered in searching these F-FX 3-digit numbered machines.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
In the YD2 image, I noticed your machine has the multi-speed PTO H-selector. Do keep it in PTO selection-1 for the time being. We can discuss how this operates later going forwards. ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
In the YD2 image, I noticed your machine has the multi-speed PTO H-selector. Do keep it in PTO selection-1 for the time being. We can discuss how this operates later going forwards. ;)
Will do thank you for keeping me out of trouble!! I guess we can cross that bridge when I get a brush hog.

I need to find out whats bleeding down on the dang ole three point hydraulics . I guess once it put the box blade back on and close the knob it will tell me what the issue is between either the piston seal or the valve.

The only difference I see on that one pictured compared to mine is I don't have the lever on the left side of the steering wheel. I have the one on the right that sets throttle but not the left .

MAN THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! This sight has been a huge blessing you both have been awesome.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hoping to be able to get back on this this soon . Our heater crapped out which is still not repaired yet and then the holidays and the wuhan flu blew through my house like a hurricane and turned everything upside down. Hey at least we got the antibodies now .lol.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Hoping to be able to get back on this this soon . Our heater crapped out which is still not repaired yet and then the holidays and the wuhan flu blew through my house like a hurricane and turned everything upside down. Hey at least we got the antibodies now .lol.
Oh, don't let people fool you about the antibodies. Your immune system has life long memory defense now in the T-cells. The same T-cells that protect you for life after recovering from the chicken pox, mumps, measles, etc.

From the NIH. That most politicians will never quote from, nor Dr. F, nor the CDC.

National Institutes of Health is the primary agency of the United States government responsible for biomedical and public health research. It was founded in the late 1880s and is now part of the United States Department of Health and Human Services.

NIH says there is long term, long lasting immunity once recovered. Even better than a vax. :) So you and others are real winners!

The people with hidden immunity against Covid-19

T cells are a kind of immune cell, whose main purpose is to identify and kill invading pathogens or infected cells. It does this using proteins on its surface, which can bind to proteins on the surface of these impostors. Each T cell is highly specific – there are trillions of possible versions of these surface proteins, which can each recognize a different target. Because T cells can hang around in the blood for years after an infection, they also contribute to the immune system’s “long-term memory” and allow it to mount a faster and more effective response when it’s exposed to an old foe.

Recall the Tide laundry commercials that said, in order to get protein stains out, you need to use protein. It's on that same level.

Reactions: TractorRookie

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Oh, don't let people fool you about the antibodies. Your immune system has life long memory defense now in the T-cells. The same T-cells that protect you for life after recovering from the chicken pox, mumps, measles, etc.

From the NIH. That most politicians will never quote from, nor Dr. F, nor the CDC.

National Institutes of Health is the primary agency of the United States government responsible for biomedical and public health research. It was founded in the late 1880s and is now part of the United States Department of Health and Human Services.

NIH says there is long term, long lasting immunity once recovered. Even better than a vax. :) So you and others are real winners!

The people with hidden immunity against Covid-19

T cells are a kind of immune cell, whose main purpose is to identify and kill invading pathogens or infected cells. It does this using proteins on its surface, which can bind to proteins on the surface of these impostors. Each T cell is highly specific – there are trillions of possible versions of these surface proteins, which can each recognize a different target. Because T cells can hang around in the blood for years after an infection, they also contribute to the immune system’s “long-term memory” and allow it to mount a faster and more effective response when it’s exposed to an old foe.

Recall the Tide laundry commercials that said, in order to get protein stains out, you need to use protein. It's on that same level.

Oh yeah I'm with you all the way !!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Ok so still haven't got to diagnose the dang ole issue of the 3 point dropping a bit and coming back up. The bushings were all wrong for the box blade and its sitting in limbo right now . I think I'm just going to try to find the time to hang it on the 3 point and do the close the valve test and see what happens. I cant use it until the bushings get straightened out but I cant at least put the weight of it on the 2 point for diagnosis .
On another note I have been using the tractor a lot. The FEL is sooo darn handy we are getting a little farm stand together and I have been swamped with that and my regular job as well as getting estimates for solar. Trying to get my wifes Tahoe to pass the emissions test and trying to learn about the heat pump that heats our home. Turns out heat pumps are pretty cool once you get a bit of understanding on how they work.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Ok so still haven't got to diagnose the dang ole issue of the 3 point dropping a bit and coming back up. The bushings were all wrong for the box blade and its sitting in limbo right now . I think I'm just going to try to find the time to hang it on the 3 point and do the close the valve test and see what happens. I cant use it until the bushings get straightened out but I cant at least put the weight of it on the 2 point for diagnosis .
On another note I have been using the tractor a lot. The FEL is sooo darn handy we are getting a little farm stand together and I have been swamped with that and my regular job as well as getting estimates for solar. Trying to get my wifes Tahoe to pass the emissions test and trying to learn about the heat pump that heats our home. Turns out heat pumps are pretty cool once you get a bit of understanding on how they work.

Heat pumps are great for cooling but not so much so for heating.....They were designed for warmer climate use....

I can't remember if you said what part of the country you are in or not.....

As for solar, are you trying to run the entire place with solar or just as an add on to the "grid power"?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Heat pumps are great for cooling but not so much so for heating.....They were designed for warmer climate use....

I can't remember if you said what part of the country you are in or not.....

As for solar, are you trying to run the entire place with solar or just as an add on to the "grid power"?
I am in Northern California. The climate is pretty mild. I live in a rural area and there’s just no way I could afford to run a propane heater since we have no natural gas service. I am going to add a wood stove in my house and in the shop. I have a bunch of trees to burn that should provide a few years worth of fires before I have to buy any wood .The solar will be a rather large add on the grid system. I have two houses and a shop to provide power for. I will be converting the Tankless hot water heater over to electric once the solar comes in. Seems my family really enjoys long hot showers and it’s killing my propane use.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Your 3 point is leaking down at some location and when it drops a hair the control valve picks it back up to the set point. Most times the leak is at the lift piston o-ring but it could be in the control valve also. Try closing your lock valve (slow drop) and see if the lift stays at the set point. If so, your lift piston will not be the culpret. But do not try operating the 3 point with the lock valve closed.
Ok so I lifted it up and closed the knob all the way and it still lowered down. Does that mean I need to rebuild the valve ?

·
Registered
455 Posts
No, it means you need to reseal the lift piston. The f395 is a newer model and no manuals available so bear in mind I could be wrong in my thinking. All of the older ym series and all the F series that I am aware of have a simple o-ring on the lift piston and a teflon backup ring. I can only guess the F395 has a similar piston seal. I am attaching a picture from a ym336 ;manual showing the lift housing and components. #33 is the lift piston. Your F395 will have something similar.

I will also add yanmar pretty much uses the P & G series o-rings, Japanese metric. Notice the o-ring on the drawing picture is a p70.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
No, it means you need to reseal the lift piston. The f395 is a newer model and no manuals available so bear in mind I could be wrong in my thinking. All of the older ym series and all the F series that I am aware of have a simple o-ring on the lift piston and a teflon backup ring. I can only guess the F395 has a similar piston seal. I am attaching a picture from a ym336 ;manual showing the lift housing and components. #33 is the lift piston. Your F395 will have something similar.

NOOOOOO !!!! 😢
I guess its time to get intimate with this dang thing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Question guys ?? If I take it apart I'm sure I can find some O-rings that will fit. I understand that some have a Teflon deal in there too which might be hard to find. Do any of you think I could change the O-rings and reuse the the Teflon thing?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Question guys ?? If I take it apart I'm sure I can find some O-rings that will fit. I understand that some have a Teflon deal in there too which might be hard to find. Do any of you think I could change the O-rings and reuse the the Teflon thing?
I did on my old 2002D. I would be careful to get the correct o-ring. Probably a Japanese metric.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
21 - 39 of 39 Posts