Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Transmission does not want to Shift without a Lot of HARD
grinding BUT if i Hold the Brakes in Gear the Cluch will release.
this Tractor has not been run in 10 years, could the Pressureplate just be Rusted up and frozen.? when i do get it to release i'm ok till i but it in Neut.and let the clutch out , not being
in a gear. Grind city. BUT if i get the idle relly low she'll go in ok.
thanks for the time and wisdom

Attachments

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
G.A., the grinding is from non syncronized gears which was very common in the day. You say it has not been run for ten years, could be some rust or just very dirty surfaces on the flywheel and the pressure plate. Once you get into gear,does it disengage when you push the clutch in? You can and I dont reccomend this as a rule, let the clutch slip a little at just above idle to see if that will clean up the faces of the clutch... Again you do not want to to slip the clutch excessively only to allow it to clean itself.. Let us know how the everything is working out... There may more help on the way as most in this forum are knowledgeable on these older tractors. I just gave you a simple way of trying to free up the disc if sticking.

ps. The more youy operate the clutch may free it up more

·
Registered
518 Posts
G A sounds like wat ernie is sayin the pressure plate mght have some rust on it wat ernies sayin will work just dont mess yer clutch up other way to do it is to break tractor apart n clean it by hand but just run it an it should clear it up hope u get it straighten out happy tractorin :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
Nice looking tractor! I hope you get it sorted out. I'd be inclined to take it all apart and clean/derust everything by hand, rather than risk breaking something. Replacement parts have gotta be hard to come by.

·
Registered
977 Posts
what ernie is saying does work slip the clutch a little then run it slip it a little then run it. it should clear up itself very seldom you'll have to split the tractor to solve this problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts