Tractor Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
1,682 Posts
"Put loader back on and there is no difference". What does that mean?

If the loader valve is still suspect, then simply remove the return line from the valve to filter base (wherever it's most convenient) and start the tractor. If the valve is a problem you will know it pretty quickly.

·
977 Posts
I would say from the fact that with the loader removed the system worked good and did not over heat or chatter
that it is most likely the valve. As was previously mentioned either the spools or the closed center plug is not working or the relief valve is dumping oil.
So to start with just pull the return line off the valve or the tractor, if you take it off the tractor you can wire it so it goes in a bucket.
Start the tractor and see how much oil comes out the return.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Update on this thread.

Wasted money on repacking the cylinders. Made no difference. Points to those who guessed right.

I ended up just removing the loader for the majority of hay season since my father in law bought another tractor with a loader.

Replaced the valve and it seems all issues are solved, for now.
The hydraulics have not started chattering at low idle like it normally did. We’ll have to wait until next season to find out about losing all functions when hot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
642 Posts
Thanks for update. You can test hyd system by placing a jumper hose with 2 male hyd tips plugged into a set of rear breakaway couplers. Start engine activate scv control lever for a short period of time. This method oil flow will rapidly heat oil, cycle oil until one can feel heat in hose, then place scv control lever in neutral position then operate FEL control valve

41 - 45 of 45 Posts