Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all of the new members and mods. I rechecked my documentation and realized that the launch date was actually September 15th, not the 6th as thought before. So in just 24 days, we have done really well! :) We are doing extremely well and our current momentum will certainly carry this forum forward!
We had the most posts EVER in the last 2 days --- 160+ posts just today and over 135 yesterday! Amazing! We are averaging almost 65 posts a day and more!

I think coupled with the new site layout and changes and the wonderful mods and members, this forum will certainly be the largest and most fun place to hang and talk tractor in the world by year's end and BEYOND!!!!

Thanks to everyone! Welcome relax! This place is for you!

Andy

·
Registered
36 Posts
New Comer Here

Hello to everyone. I feel rather stupid on this thing because I am not sure how to post messages and don't know if this one will even be posted. But I would like to find someone on here who knows about old trip plows. I have a set of plows that I recently got back into working order but as of yet have found nothing on them anywhere that would tell me what they are. I have lots of parts numbers that are stamped on the plow or at least I think they are parts numbers. I will post these numbers and if anyone recognizes the numbers and knows who built the plow please let me know.

1. HTP 237 is on the colter arms
2. HTP 17A is on the furrow wheel arm
3. HTP 140A is on the axle brace
4. HTP 8 is on the trip mechanism
5. F&H N311B is on each wheel cap
6. A-140-1 is on the spring loaded hitch

These plows have been sitting in a fence row for as long as I can remember and I am 43. They were on our farm when my dad bought the farm and this past Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2003 I broke my garden with them and they did an excellent job. I was even able to hook the plows to my cross-drawbar and use them like on land plows.

Anyway, if anyone knows anything about these numbers or can give me any information on where to go or how to find out what kind of plows I have it would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely
Damon Cates

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
:hello:

Welcome Kybug,

Yes your message posted...:smiles: That's the good news.

The bad news is I can't help you with your plow.....but I'm sure one of these good ole boys can.

Don't be shy...post often.

·
Registered
36 Posts
old trip plows

Hey, that is great!!!!!!!!!!! My message got on here. Do I need to go to another forum to find information out about my plows or just let it ride where it is. I really want to find out what they are so that I can paint them to their original color. I know it is silly but I am so proud that I got these things to working. It is amazing that these things are so simply built at least compared to how complicated things are now and yet after all those years of sitting around they still work. All I had to do is soak the parts for a few days, beat on them with a 4lb beater and replace two springs and they worked.

Anyway thanks for the reply, glad to be on board

Sincerely
Damon Cates

·
Registered
36 Posts
trip plows

It is me again. How do I contact those good old boys that you listed? Told you I was stupid on this thing

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Welcome

Welcome Kybug,
You might want to start a new thread with your info. Title it Need Info about old trip plows. To catch someones eyes right now someone would have to open this thread to see it. If you start a new thread then people will see it when they come to the board. If you make it stand out more people will see it and the more replys you will get.:thumbsup: And again Welcome:friends:
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by kybug

Do I need to go to another forum to find information out about my plows or just let it ride where it is.
You can let it ride right here. They (the ones with the answers) will find it eventually.

I know what you mean about getting an old plow up and running. I restored and old Dearborn plow this year. It was great to watch it curl up the sod as I broke new ground.

Post some pictures of your plow, that would help to identify it.
:smiles:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
At the bottom or top right next to the post reply there is new thread.
Jody

·
Registered
36 Posts
trip plows

Thanks Jody. I started a new post. Hopefully I will get familiar with this forum and will be able to use it succesfully. I believe it will work out to be a useful tool.

Damon

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Love Mopars

Im a big Mopar fan:thumbsup: They:rockin: :smiles:
Jody

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Damon, no need to feel dumb, we were all new to this site once and asked the same questions.
:smiles:

For a little info on the site hit the FAQ (requently asked questions) link on the top of the page, to the left and below the "user CP" tire.:thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy the site, it's full of great people interested in a multitude of things, the one bringing us all together- tractors and related items.
Hang out and have fun!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Okay, I finally got some pictures of the plows I have been trying to identify. So here they are and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Damon

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts