1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

2006 troy bilt super bronco

Discussion in 'Repair & Technical Discussion' started by Mike L, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Mike L

Mike L New Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Hey everyone,

I just bought a 2006 troybilt super bronco 42"

Everything was working fine and all the sudden the PTO was kicking it self out. When I would try to engage it the blades would spin, but as soon as I let off the PTO it would throw itsle fback in the off position. I tried a few more times and the metal wire that is attached to the PTO snapped in half.

Anyone have an idea on what caused all this?

2. RC Wells

RC Wells Active Member

Dec 25, 2008
    The internal gears are in need of replacement. Common issue with Troy Built tillers. The parts diagrams and parts are found on Troy Built's website, and the parts are very reasonable.

3. Mike L

Mike L New Member

Aug 3, 2017

Im new to owning any type of riding mower, so please excuse my ignorance on this, but what are the internal gears?

4. willys55

willys55 Caractacus Potts Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2016
    engagement pulley might be seized
    13AO77TG766_(2006)_WW_1.gif

5. RC Wells

RC Wells Active Member

Dec 25, 2008
    Skip my earlier response, I understood it was the Super Bronco tiller.

6. Mike L

Mike L New Member

Aug 3, 2017
    I found a buddy of mine whos going to work on it. Thanks for the help though guys

7. willys55

willys55 Caractacus Potts Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2016
    we still here if you need us

8. mrblanche

mrblanche New Member

Aug 4, 2017
    And, even more important, we'd love to hear what the problem was and how it was fixed. That's how a forum builds a knowledge base!