Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody seen the new Mustang yet? I have been waiting for them to get on the dealer lot and then yesterday i went by the dealer and he had about 6 of them there. He didn't have any GTs ,but the standard Mustang is all i would want anyway. They are awesome! They were completely loaded with leather and the spoiler and all with automatics and sticked for $23,460.00. Check them out when you get a chance. They resemble the 68 models to me. Next spring there just might be one in my driveway if work this winter is good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by Durwood
Anybody seen the new Mustang yet? I have been waiting for them to get on the dealer lot and then yesterday i went by the dealer and he had about 6 of them there. He didn't have any GTs ,but the standard Mustang is all i would want anyway. They are awesome! They were completely loaded with leather and the spoiler and all with automatics and sticked for $23,460.00. Check them out when you get a chance. They resemble the 68 models to me. Next spring there just might be one in my driveway if work this winter is good.
I saw the preview pics earlier this year, but haven't seen one in person yet. I'll be sure to drive by the Ford dealer for a look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
Saw one as I drove by a dealership... To fast to really see it but it was red and caught my eye... Now I need to check it out a little closer....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
849 Posts
I am not a big Ford fan but I saw a new Mustang on the road today and it is one great looking car. Ford did the Mustang right but GM sure messed up with what they call the new GTO.
Rodster
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,693 Posts
Fprd did a GREAT job!!! Granted I am a ford nut, but they nailed it BIG TIME!! A little 67-68 in the front, a little 65-66 GT350 from the side, and the rear shot NAILS the 70's. GREAT jog, just wish I could swing one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
I have been waiting for the arrival of them...not to purchase, unfortunately, but just to drool. I too think the front is 67-68, the rear is 69-70, and the interior to me screams 64-66. A very well-rounded car, and the thoughts that went into it are obvious.

I bleed Ford blue, and this is going to be a great year for the Blue Oval. Carrol Shelby reunited with Ford, the new Mustang, the GT (or GT40), the prototype of the retro 427 Cobra (although not looking too good at this point), and next year, the 2006 Mustang Cobra will be unveiled...sure to make some Vette C6's take notice.

Anyway, to me, the 2005 Mustang is the sharpest looking Mustang since 1973, hands down.

Greg
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
978 Posts
The only thing about the 73's is the underbite ugly front bumper. I like the 72's better but the favorite Mustang for me was the 68's. They just plain were the best of the breed with the best engine choices and they were wonderfully fast. I never owned a Mustang, I was always in Mopars and I just happened to like them better. I just wish Chrysler would do better making the new Chargers as a 2 door, To me the new Charger is terrible looking, I know it is me but after having a 73 Duster 340 for the last 30 years I just keep my orginal hot rod (BTW my Duster can kick sand in the face of any Mustang in a straight line that has been produced since 1975)cruisin cruisin :driving: concert concert concert concert
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by Fusion1970


I bleed Ford blue, and this is going to be a great year for the Blue Oval. Carrol Shelby reunited with Ford, the new Mustang, the GT (or GT40), the prototype of the retro 427 Cobra (although not looking too good at this point), and next year, the 2006 Mustang Cobra will be unveiled...sure to make some Vette C6's take notice.

Anyway, to me, the 2005 Mustang is the sharpest looking Mustang since 1973, hands down.

Greg
Don't forget the new,SRT10 eating,Lighting pickup coming, 500HP blown 5.4L motor. A intercooler cooled by the ac system. some good stuff. It is a good time to be a Ford fan:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,114 Posts
I've got an '86 Taurus with a V-6...


never mind.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
978 Posts
Yeah and the daily drivers in my home are a 90 Plymouth Acclaim V6, a 94 Plymouth Acclaim V6, and a couple Dodge Rams a V10 and a Cummins, nothing newer then a 97, all PAID for, the 90 Acclaim has 210,000 miles and the 94 has 190,000. I just keep fixing whats broke and drive em into the dirt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Fusion1970
I have been waiting for the arrival of them...not to purchase, unfortunately, but just to drool. I too think the front is 67-68, the rear is 69-70, and the interior to me screams 64-66. A very well-rounded car, and the thoughts that went into it are obvious.

I bleed Ford blue, and this is going to be a great year for the Blue Oval. Carrol Shelby reunited with Ford, the new Mustang, the GT (or GT40), the prototype of the retro 427 Cobra (although not looking too good at this point), and next year, the 2006 Mustang Cobra will be unveiled...sure to make some Vette C6's take notice.

Anyway, to me, the 2005 Mustang is the sharpest looking Mustang since 1973, hands down.

Greg



The best mustang ever had to be an orange 1970 boss 302. A kid down the block had one when i was in school.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by Durwood
The best mustang ever had to be an orange 1970 boss 302. A kid down the block had one when i was in school.

You got ti there. Throw the ram air packedge at it, and that is THE mustang for me. The one I would want if I could have any!!!

Clypso Coral is the paint name, and some dont like it, but I feel it is the best on a 69-70 fast back. Also I have always liked the cleaner lines of a 70, over the 69. The Boss 302 wins the number one spot ahead of #2 and 3[67 Shelby GT500, and 70 Boss 429]becouse you can drive it. I would be SOOOO afead to turn a wheel on the street with the GT500, or the 429, and I HATE seeing a mussle car just SIT!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
Wow...I have always liked that color, but never knew it was calypso coral. I have always called it poppy red. Seen that color on a 65 or 66 fastback once, although I dont think it was even available in these years. It also had all the window trim/molding blacked out. It looked sharp!

Paul- I will have to read up on the Lightning. If they are better than before, I know they haul a$$. The SVT Lighting is one quick truck, with looks to back it up.

Greg
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,693 Posts
Poppy red is a different color. That was kinda a faded red that the 65-66's had. This color is a more orange color. On the Shelbys of the same years, they called it compatition orange.



I have only read a small blerb about the new lighting, but from the numbers[5.4L 500hp] sounds like they may be lifting the motor from the Ford GT. I have said it before, and will say it agean.....It is a good time to be a Ford fan. Some REAL nice stuff coming!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
Anytime is a great time to be a Ford fan...just seems a little better now. :worthy: I'd be happy with just the one Kurt Busch drives in that commercial.

Greg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
Originally posted by Ingersoll444
Poppy red is a different color. That was kinda a faded red that the 65-66's had. This color is a more orange color. On the Shelbys of the same years, they called it compatition orange.



I have only read a small blerb about the new lighting, but from the numbers[5.4L 500hp] sounds like they may be lifting the motor from the Ford GT. I have said it before, and will say it agean.....It is a good time to be a Ford fan. Some REAL nice stuff coming!!!!!!
You may be right but I was talking to a dealer that sells SVT lines, said he was at a Ford seminar and the motor comes from a new cobra... I know Ford loves the lightning sold 4 of those a few yearss back... nice ride...... and owner perks come in all kinds of assistance....


Yes it is a good time to be a Ford fan... I have been my whole life...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,693 Posts
Ernie, Fusion,

Been a fan most of my life also. Grew up in the Mopar household,so that is what I saw mostly[still have a soft spot for the mopars] and had a small defection to "the dark side"[GM], but pretty much been a Ford guy the last 25 or so years.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top