Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice yesterday when I got done brush hogging about 3/4 of a acre my new holland would blow a light buff of light blue smoke when I hit the throttle. It hasn't be running hot or rough in anyway. Starts right up and idles fine. Doesn't smoke during start up either. Oil is at a proper level and only has about 10hrs on it. Just wanna figure out what might be causing it so I can get it fixed before it leads to a problem. Any ideas.

·
Premium Member
3,280 Posts
Howdy Casey, welcome to the tractor forum.

Your injectors might need to be tested/serviced. How many hours on your tractor? As long as it's not using oil you don't have anything to worry about. Wait for Mike the pumpguy to respond. He will be around shortly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3390hrs. Haven't noticed any oil usage yet but I haven't ran it much since it started yesterday.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
I’m not so certain it’s an injector issue..
The smoke is BLUE..
When was the last time you adjusted the valves.??
I would start there..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't had much time with it yet since I have only had it a month or so. That was going to be my fist check if the coolant looked good. The smoke is very small and only when I do a quick hit of the throttle. Under a load with the brush hog I didn't notice any.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts