Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was away the past week.. got home today and to my suprise.. my 1st batch of tulips are popping through the ground..

This seems to me to be a little early, i checked, last year they came up on April 8th.. but who cares.. Im guessing if the tulips are out.. the crockcuses are popping out too.. they usually come out forst..

I know, you southeners have been mowing/boating/planting/blooming for weeks but here in the northern part of the country, i for one really welcome spring when it finally gets here...

anybody else have signs of spring??

:flowersmi

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Our brad-ford pears are in full bloom.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
Our brad-ford pears are in full bloom.
Jody
Mines still dormant, but our bluegrass has some fine green sprouts and the bulbs are up about 1/2" inch. We had 72F last Friday and low 20'sF this morning.

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
I was away the past week.. got home today and to my suprise.. my 1st batch of tulips are popping through the ground..

This seems to me to be a little early, i checked, last year they came up on April 8th.. but who cares.. Im guessing if the tulips are out.. the crockcuses are popping out too.. they usually come out forst..

I know, you southeners have been mowing/boating/planting/blooming for weeks but here in the northern part of the country, i for one really welcome spring when it finally gets here...

anybody else have signs of spring??

:flowersmi

Nothing realy here. Some warmer temps, and I "thought" I saw a little green tint to a tiny part of the back lawn. Nothing else realy. Mostly just in mud season now, lots to do, so I am taking advantage of the warmer days.

·
674 Posts
The first sign of spring in my parts is seeing a robin. That was last month,,,, I saw some bulbs coming up last weekend but it is too cold this moring to think about it 19F brrrrrrrrrrrr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts