Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Ford 2910
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tractor is in desperate need of some new wiring. The previous owner seemed to “rig” most of the wiring. Any ideas where I can find a diagram?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Good Morning Wannabe,

I have an I&T shop manual for the Ford "10" series tractors (early 80's), which has a wiring diagram on the very last printed page. You might contact the seller of an I&T shop manual for a 2910 tractor to see if it has a wiring diagram in the rear. I&T shop manuals usually run $25-$30.

·
Registered
1988 Ford 2910
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Morning Wannabe,

I have an I&T shop manual for the Ford "10" series tractors (early 80's), which has a wiring diagram on the very last printed page. You might contact the seller of an I&T shop manual for a 2910 tractor to see if it has a wiring diagram in the rear. I&T shop manuals usually run $25-$30.
I’m having a problem finding a shop manual that includes the wiring diagram. Everyone I’ve found specifically states it doesn’t include it?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Attached is a wiring diagram for Ford Tractor Models 2310, 2600, 2610, 3600, 3610, 4100, 4110, 4600, 4610, 4600SU, 4610SU which are one and two series before your 2910 tractor. There are bound to be some differences between your wiring and this diagram.

Attachments

·
1,094 Posts
It might help if you explained a bit more about what part of the system you need diagrams for. If you're wondering about the circuits supplying the electric fuel shut off solenoid, they don't appear in any of the earlier books on 10 series tractors, and certainly not in 3600 - 4600 books.

·
Registered
1988 Ford 2910
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It might help if you explained a bit more about what part of the system you need diagrams for. If you're wondering about the circuits supplying the electric fuel shut off solenoid, they don't appear in any of the earlier books on 10 series tractors, and certainly not in 3600 - 4600 books.
I’m really in need of a complete electrical diagram, I’ve found several wires taped together or some just clipped off and hanging loose. I want to clean up the entire system. Also one question, is there anything ELECTRICALLY that would keep the tractor from starting? I’m not seeing any fuel solenoid like you mentioned, but I’m having trouble getting it to start currently and I’ve been poking around the wiring a bit. Curious if it’s something I did.

·
1,094 Posts
Again, that would depend on your tractor's particular system. If it has no fuel shut off solenoid, then nothing electrical would keep it from starting (other than the starter). A wiring diagram won't help with a fuel problem. Lights, gauges, charging/starting, that maybe, but not fuel. I probably have a book somewhere with those diagrams, but it's not something digital that would be internet friendly.

·
Registered
1988 Ford 2910
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Again, that would depend on your tractor's particular system. If it has no fuel shut off solenoid, then nothing electrical would keep it from starting (other than the starter). A wiring diagram won't help with a fuel problem. Lights, gauges, charging/starting, that maybe, but not fuel. I probably have a book somewhere with those diagrams, but it's not something digital that would be internet friendly.
Okay yeah I believe the fuel issue is the fuel pump, it’s currently being rebuilt. I just wanted to verify it wasn’t anything else I could have done. Honestly though, I would like to rewire the entire system or install a new harness so I can start with a clean slate (at least electrically). It’s a mess, none of my dash indicator lights work, I know at least two of them have no wiring to them at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts