Tractor Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,501 Posts
Well after 4 days of rain wont be moving the tractor for a few more days. It got the ground so soft I dont dare to hitch onto it and pull it to the shop. Will let you guys know when I get it to the shop.
It's been a bit wet here as well! Our early spring hasn't allowed us to get out in the fields yet without tearing everything up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
It will probably do like last year wet till the end of may then no rain to speak of till mid September. I'm eager to strip the 4000 down so I can pull the sump and then pressurize the cooling circuit to see where the water is coming from. I got a feeling that the machine shop missed a crack in the head. I don't think it is the block but if it is well so be it. it will make me go all the way. will have a pretty new tractor then. Pogobill if I remember correctly you commented on a 4000 that the water was entering the base via the oil passages to the bearings. I can't remember what that gent found wrong. I will try again this weekend to get the thing into the shop. well we will see if the 1 ton will back up to it then.

·
Super Moderator
9,501 Posts
Hope you have luck and the least expensive fix. As far as the comment, I think that may have been a little too technical for me!:D I'd credit that to one of our regular contributors that know what they are talking about!! ;)

61 - 63 of 63 Posts