Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to make a down pay ment next week

this is my know to me car it runs good needs some body work tops like new so what do ya guys think

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Canadian Pontiacs

For those not in the know, Pontiac calls some of thier cars in the US different names than they do in Canada.

This would be a Catalina if it were in the US.

And a nice one at that.

Does it have a 269, a 389, or a 428?

Bill

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Very nice shape James now where is this guy located at, you got a phone # you can give me so i can call him. is he willing to ship or would i have to pickup:D

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by jodyand
Very nice shape James now where is this guy located at, you got a phone # you can give me so i can call him. is he willing to ship or would i have to pickup:D
his number is nice-try-jody

is address is l'm know that dum drive off no# 2 high way :D

and his town haha ontario canada

and by the way it's have payed for :D

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Pontiac Parisienne was the Canadian built sister of the venerable Bonneville and Catalina built in the US.
It was a little bit of each, both in body-grill and interior styling and was sold as an affordable, upscale version of the standard "wide-track", named in Canada the Laurentian and base model Strato-Chief.

In all, 8,568 Parisiennes where built in Canada for 1969 making it the most popular of the wide tracks. Indeed, unique to Canada for 1969 as in years past was the integration of the Chevrolet Impala chassis, suspension and power plant to this sleek body, making it prized from among the thousands of Pontiac B-body assemblies distributed worldwide and, rarer still, driving on the road today.

This Parisienne was purchased privately in October of 1998 in the condition seen here. Upholstery replacement and the installation of a custom console were performed to augment the overall appearance of the vehicle and performance was greatly improved with the rebuilding of the engine, radiator and carburetor. Added also were high performance improvements to the ignition system, both the high and low tension circuits.

1969 Pontiac Parisienne 2dr Sport Coupe
Astro-Flash 350cid, Rochester 4bbl
350 Turbo Hydra-matic 3spd
Limelight/Midnight Green
Built in Oshawa, ON, Canada

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Astro-Flash and Astro-Jet Engine

Canadian built Pontiacs like the Parisienne were powered by Chevy built engines. They were the 350, 396 and 427cid. In Canada they were named the small block Astro-flash and big block Astro-jet.

Canadian Pontiac "Power Play

Standard V8

Astro-Flash OHV V8, 350 cid, 250 bhp, 345 lb-ft of torque. Two barrel carb. Standard-engine trendsetter for 1969. Optional version of this engine with four-barrel carb requiring premium gas has 300 bhp, 380 lb-ft of torque.

Optional V8

Astro-Jet OHV V8, 396 cid, 265 bhp, 400 lb-ft of torque. Two barrel carb. Ideal for trailer towing.

Optional V8

Astro-Jet OHV V8, 427 cu. in., 385 hp, 470 lb-ft of torque. Four barrel carb. A more powerful version of this engine is also available with 390 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.

Transmissions

Three-speed manual is standard on all models, fully syncronized on all forward speeds. A fully syncronized four-speed manual is available for all V8s. Two-speed automatic (Powerglide) is available for the six and the 350 V8. Three-speed Turbo Hydra-Matic is available for all engines.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1969 427 Pontiac Laurentian

what was the laurentian

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Canadian Pontiacs

Originally posted by jdbill
For those not in the know, Pontiac calls some of thier cars in the US different names than they do in Canada.

This would be a Catalina if it were in the US.

And a nice one at that.

Does it have a 269, a 389, or a 428?

Bill

l though it was the bonneville as the us not Catalina

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
going to pick it up on sun and my grandpa offered this garage to store it in what l nice guy

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Awesome James!! Gotta LOVE those 350s!! Working right, they'll haul some serious a$$. :D You're gonna have to be careful, don't want to lose yourlicence before you get to really enjoy it!;)

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
you must be psyched james.. i remember my 1st car.. i could not sleep for days waiting for it...

congrats...

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Nice ride! Nothing like driving down the road, sunny day, top down. The big full size convertibles have a ride all there own. Can't be beat:) :)

Diferent brand, but the spirt is the same.:) :) :cool: :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well went to look at the car better then l thought power top 283 small block mag rims with org hub caps over top of them alittle rust in the trunk has a GM Kleenex box holder not org runs but not getting gas from the tank power steering :D made a down payment it's mine all mine lol just need to pick it up

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Not getting gas from the tank must be the fuel pump. So when you going to get it home:question:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts