Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question. I am trying to sell a 1961 model case 831 diesel tractor. the engine is off of it and it has had new pistons, sleeves, rings, main and rod bearings, and a valve job done on both cylinder heads ( new valves). I have the engine gasket set also. I have a new throwout bearing for the clutch also. What do you think she's worth? I would like to put her together but I don't have the time. thanks, chuck

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Welcome to the Case Forum Chuck. Without knowing what the rest of the tractor is like, where your from, and how long the tractor has been apart it's tough to say what it may be worth. One of the biggest problems with buying something torn apart is everything there. I myself shy away from buying something torn apart by someone else. I would venture to say it should still be worth 500-750.00. I do think you would be better off putting it back together and then trying to sell it. Good luck with it.
caseman-d

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well, I have seen a few of the early 60s Case 830 tractors with the then newly launched "Case-O-Matic" tranny. Really nice tractors but the overall condition of the tractor will really tell the tail on this one. Caseman-D is right on with this. Unless you show us some pics of the tractor and tell us more about the overall condition of everything, it is hard to tell. I think these were around 60-65HP.

I think a fair condition Case 830 would go for around $1500.00
In this case being apart and condition unknown I think the previous estimate is pretty close $500-1000 depending on everything else.

Good luck with it --- Do you have any pictures to share?

-LC

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1961 MODEL 831 WORTH

I AM IN TEXAS. I CAN TAKE SOME PICTURES. HOW DO I POST THEM ON THIS SITE?

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1961 MODEL 831 WORTH

I LIVE IN BRECKENRIDGE. IT IS ABOUT 100 MILES WEST OF FT. WORTH ON HWY 180. I WILL TAKE SOME PICTURES AND TRY TO PUT THEM ON FOR YOU ANDY. I THINK IT IS ALL THERE EXCEPT FOR THE INJECTORS AND THE CLUTCH AND PRESSURE PLATE. I'LL GET PICS OF THE PARTS AND ALL IF I CAN.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
There are a lot of pics for the Case 830 but nothing I can find for the 831. I am assuming this is a 8-spd diesel version? Does it have the narrow or wide front end? You think it is all there? This sounds like one of those projects that should be very interesting!
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
It appears that you are about 700 miles away. We will have to try to meet up or something if at all possible or arrange for transport. :tractorsm

Interested in the pics and also the history of this unit. How long have you had it? When was the last time it was running and working 100%? Any ideas on the hours on the engine, etc?
:question:

Thanks.
Andy

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IT IS A NARROW FRONT. I JUST TRADED FOR IT. I THINK THE INJECTORS AND THE CLUTCH AND PRESSURE PLATE ARE MISSING. I'LL GET THE PICTURES TOO YOU. I DON'T HAVE A WAY TO HAUL IT TO MEET YOU. HAD TO BORROW A TRAILER TO GET IT HOME. ALL THE PARTS IN THE ENGINE ARE NEW. HEADS HAVE BEEN TOTALLY REDONE. I WOULD LIKE TO GET IT RUNNING MYSELF BUT I DON'T REALLY HAVE THE TIME OR THE MONEY TO DO IT. I EVEN GOT THE GASKET SET FOR THE ENGINE WITH IT. YOU BE THE JUDGE WHEN YOU SEE THE PICTURES. LATER.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Originally posted by admin
There are a lot of pics for the Case 830 but nothing I can find for the 831. I am assuming this is a 8-spd diesel version? Does it have the narrow or wide front end? You think it is all there? This sounds like one of those projects that should be very interesting!
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
It appears that you are about 700 miles away. We will have to try to meet up or something if at all possible or arrange for transport. :tractorsm

Interested in the pics and also the history of this unit. How long have you had it? When was the last time it was running and working 100%? Any ideas on the hours on the engine, etc?
:question:

Andy,
The 830 is the series, you will end up with different models such as gas, diesel, rowcrop, standard, prophane and ect. I do beleive the 831 should be row crop diesel.
caseman-d

Thanks.
Andy

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HERE ARE SOME PICTURES OF THE CASE 831. HAD TO GET THEM IN BETWEEN RAINS. I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ENGINE BLOCK WAS CRACKED AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER AND THE GUY I GOT IT FROM HAD IT WELDED UP. IT LOOKS LIKE A GOOD WELDING JOB. IF YOU WANT I CAN TRY TO TURN IT UP WHERE I CAN TAKE A PICTURE OF THE WELDED SPOT. THESE AIN'T VERY GOOD PICTURES BUT IT'S A START.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by chuck d
HOW DO I PUT MORE THAN ONE PICTURE ON AT ONCE
To post more then one picture in a post you have to have a place that allows you to post picture for auctions. Here is a link that will tell you how to post pictures.

How to post pictures

1 - 20 of 50 Posts