Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Well, she's running now! What a relief. I need to change the oil. Having a difficult time getting the drain plug out. But, I'll perservere.

Mike Cripps

·
Premium Member
4,165 Posts
Glad to hear you got it running! Still have any damage to fix? or is it ready to go to work?

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Glad to here you got it running:thumbsup: You have any pictures of it:question:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Guys,

Yeah, I have a couple of pics. They show the 8N as she came off the flat bed. Pretty sad!

I'll get them up in the next day or so. Right now I'm trying to remove the oil pan drain plug. UGH! It's stuck!

The tractor has seen it's last work day, Joe. She's just for fun and after the cleaning and painting, for parades and such!

Mike Cripps

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Welcome abord Mike.

Glad to hear you got her going.

I ran into the problem of not getting the plug off also with mine. I ended up using a big ol' pipe wrench.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey All,

Here is my first try at uploading a pic of the "HULK" as my grandson calls it.

If you can see them, the hood and the radiator are repro parts. The originals were crushed.

Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,165 Posts
Frame and front axle are OK? Looks like it took a pretty good hit!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Thats better,

Looks like it's not too bad.....considering. Glad to have another one saved from the parts pile.

Great pix, Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys,

Gramma and I took the "grandmonkeys" to the Museum of Science and Industry in Tampa recently. I gave the digital camera to the kids to take whatever pics they wanted. Yes. That was the south end of a north bound dinosaur!

The front end only had minor damage. No broken cast pieces! Thank goodness! I had to put on new front tires and replace the timing gear cover. The fenders are badly wrinkled. The tree fell across them as well. Since they are the original, I'll try to rehab them.

Mike Cripps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts