Tractor Forum banner

1934 (Rare)

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  bontai Joe 
#1 ·
As bad as I hate to say it I'm posting my baby up for sale. 1934 "CHEVROLET" pickup. 6 cyl., standard transmission. Tilt out windshield. All factory steel fenders and steel spoke wheels. I can tell the history all the way back to when it rolled off the assembly line back in 34. It was appraised about 5 years ago between 35k and 50k with the average value being around 41k. Very serious cash in hand offers only please.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window

See less See more
#4 ·
Positively gorgeous! I'd love to see some more photos, maybe what the engine compartment looks like, and interior shots? Makes me wish I had planned my retirement a little better so I could afford toys like this.

#6 ·
No, my neighbor had this and I never knew it. He bought this from the city of Detroit where it was built and sold to the city new. They redone it over the years and he was transferred to Georgia on his job. He retired down here and decided to go back home to Detroit. Having a moving sale we talked and I bought stuff, we were talking Old vehicles and he told me he wanted to show me something I would probably like but was not for sale. He opened his garage door and that is when I found out he had this beauty. I fell in love with it as soon as my eyes made contact with it. I said "how much". He said it's not for sale but if he did sale it he would have to have this "BIG" price and not a penny less. I told him if he would sell it I would be interested. He and his wife talked it over that night and he called me the next morning and told me if I had his price in cash he would let me have it but not one penny less. I paid him without hesitation because I knew I would never get the opportunity again so I bought it. One big thing that meant something to me is that my dad was born in 1934 and he retired with General Motors making it not only special to me but him also. Unfortunately it's time for someone else to enjoy. Me and my wife are down sizing big time so we're selling everything we don't have to have. The inside, underside, engine compartment, and inside the bed looks just as good as the outside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.