Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
About to replace my original 1910 hydraulic pump with a new aftermarket & my ? is, should i prime it before starting it by pouring some hydraulic oil in the filter opening and to give it some initial lube? The instruction card says to just operate it at a lo idle for a few minutes, my thought is that it would be better with if primed/lubed 1st.
I've drained the complete system, then put diesel oil in (about a qt) then shook it sideways to slosh it around then let drain until the dripping stopped while i ate lunch which was about an hour then refilled it with HD Kubota hyd oil from the New Holland dealer, plus filter (waiting to be installed) until possibly primed.
Your inputs will be appreciated, 3 Point

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
The pump has assembly lube inside when new. Just let it run at low idle for a few minutes and it will prime. Adding hydraulic oil through the filter boss certainly will not hurt either.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your quick response. This will be the second new since the 1st wouldnt draw any fluid and having followed the same proceedure except for priming.
We'll see if the new replacement works, never have had much luck with aftermarket but dont have much choice other than to rebuild old but all i can get is a complete seal kit for 120.00 and not know if it will need gears too.
Again, thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts