·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Your link didn't work Chief.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This board has some bugs that need to be fixed. Just type in army in place of the army and leave no spaces. :argh: :argh: :argh:

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you John! I had to fix dinner and take my daughter to dance class. Just didn't have time to mess with it. Good job! :thumbsup:

·
john-in-ga
609 Posts
No problem Chief. I'm sure you know that if you don't want this little guy army showing up, you can captialize Army.

Now, tell me how I can avoid making stupid spelling errors.

:cpu:

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by memmurphy
Those guys and others like them that go without needed recognition are REAL heros!

Mark
It is a shameful statement about our yellow jounalist press that this is a rare exception and this article was posted on a military website and not popular public media. The press loves to print stories about road side bombs and when our soldiers are killed or make mistakes. Sure would be nice for them to get the same press coverage for awards like this. :truth:

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
Originally posted by Chief
It is a shameful statement about our yellow jounalist press that this is a rare exception and this article was posted on a military website and not popular public media. The press loves to print stories about road side bombs and when our soldiers are killed or make mistakes. Sure would be nice for them to get the same press coverage for awards like this. :truth:

AMEN!

·
Registered
494 Posts
God Bless that young man. I'm sooooo proud of his heroism, and true heroism is what it is.
Have to agree with the statement regarding why does the news only show/report the bad and not the good things our troops do. The news media is biased. I'm convinced of that.

·
Registered
494 Posts
More heroes

The posting of the FINE soldier that won the Silver Star really impressed me and I thought I would share just another act of heroism with you fine members that truly care about our troops.
This is just one of many, many examples that out soldiers, marines, airmen, sailors do every day. Shame, its not on the news,,, so for those that care, please read. For those that take issue with my love/admiration for MY troops, please refrain for comments. This is not a political statement in any means.

link below with article from my son's Division which I'm very proud of.
http://www.1id.Army.mil/1ID/News/September/Article_32/Article_32.htm

·
john-in-ga
609 Posts
HarryG,

Good link and I think we should hear more of the good things our troops are doing.

In your communication with your son, please pass on our appreciation of him and his service for our country. We also hope that he can stay safe.

I was in the 1st Mp Co. 1st Inf. Div. during my time in service. Spent a short time in Viet Nam. Your son's service in The Big Red One is a something you and your son should both be proud of.

While I was in danger from time to time while in Viet Nam, I suspected then, and am sure now, that it was my folks back home that had it the worst. What worrying they must have done.

Hope your son gets back home before long.

:cpu:

·
Registered
494 Posts
John-in Ga,
I will pass on your good wishes in my constant barrage of letters to my son. That BIG RED ONE that you wore, as well as my son wears is a badge of HONOR. Even My Mom's youngest brother who is a Navy SEAL(retired) that served in Nam for 2 tours)and he puts down anyone other than a SEAL) regards the RED ONE highly as he fought with some of them up in the Iron triangle.
John knows the BIG RED ONE history, all else have to look it up.

Shamefully, there are some soldiers that get NO mail at all from all. This is disgraceful in my eyes. Some have used the excuse "I don't know what to write". This is not a new occurance unfortunately. Has happened before but widespread now.
The military has had to discontinue the the program of allowing a letter/package to be sent to "Any Soldier overseas" because of security reasons. Come to find out, some LOWLIFES have sent vile letters with very derogatory language and or even sent "white powder" inside a envelope to a few soldiers. This is a despecible thing to do to any human being serving. I just would like to meet any person face to face that would do such a thing............. I better stop such thoughts before I break a blood vessel.
Anyways, I'll pass on the good will.

God Bless all MY Troops!
God Bless the BIG RED ONE
No mission too difficult, No sacrifice too great, Duty First.

Rangers lead the way, all the way...........Leave NO man behind.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The military has had to discontinue the the program of allowing a letter/package to be sent to "Any Soldier overseas" because of security reasons. Come to find out, some LOWLIFES have sent vile letters with very derogatory language and or even sent "white powder" inside a envelope to a few soldiers. This is a despecible thing to do to any human being serving. I just would like to meet any person face to face that would do such a thing............. I better stop such thoughts before I break a blood vessel.
I used to fill up the back of my helicopter after each mission with "Any Service Member" packages and mail during Desert Storm. It was a great program and I used to write about a dozen kids and families while I was over there and for a good while afterwards.

It is a crying shame and an afront to everything decent and good that some people would send things like that to service members. People who do things like this should be culled from the population.

I remember how important and what a life line each letter or package was for me and many others. I can also remember that looks of hurt and disappointment on soldiers faces that did not get any mail. I used to stay on my wife about pushing the other wives to send a letter a day or at least a couple a week; even if they were just short notes. They meant a LOT!

Funny you should mention your Mom's youngest brother a SEAL. That is a tough bunch of customers. Dickie Marcinco is a neighbor back home on my parents farm. He writes SEAL and the "Rouge Warrior" novels. A very interesting guy to talk to.

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
"It is a crying shame and an afront to everything decent and good that some people would send things like that to service members. People who do things like this should be culled from the population." - posted by Chief.

I'd like to volunteer my time in culling the mutant spawn that would send such crap to active service personnel. It would be a pleasure and honor, to strip them down to their undies and drop them off in North Korea, Syria, Iran, Nigeria, Somalia, or other "fun" filled places of adventure.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Well said Bontai Joe,
But I'm sure you know you are not the only volunteer for such pleasurable task. There would be a long long line of volunteers.
I would revise the "dropping off into Somilia, Nigeria, etc making sure they had a permanant "LARGE" USA RULES tatooed on there front and back" Of course a "I like it in the rear" tatooed on the butt, written in several languages would be a plus.
Shame there are so many sick bastards in this great country. Don't despair, we're gonna beat the bastards with our minds and love for our troops. Here is a link to my local newspaper to an article on what we are doing up my way. This could (and most likely is done) "anywhere" USA. Its not about getting the bastards so much as (as much as I'd like to) but giving the men/women the support they most deserve.

news link below.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=12968442&BRD=248&PAG=461&dept_id=462341&rfi=8

1 - 18 of 18 Posts