Tractor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a brand new tractor from the manufacturer in April 2021. Yesterday I took it in due to engine codes. They've inspected it and told me its head gasket is blown.. I've only managed to put 96.4 hours on it...Am I wrong in thinking something is really messed up with this? I thought damage like that was generally years of age of intense overuse.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Its powertrain right, still under warranty right?

The newer machines have the emission hardware and require more tending to. With that said, the requirements to operate the machine is more focused. Long as you were focused on following the manufactures guidelines of operation, then warranty should cover it all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I bought a brand new tractor from the manufacturer in April 2021. Yesterday I took it in due to engine codes. They've inspected it and told me its head gasket is blown.. I've only managed to put 96.4 hours on it...Am I wrong in thinking something is really messed up with this? I thought damage like that was generally years of age of intense overuse.
Head gasket blown .Running bad ? Water in oil? Oil or fuel in water? Is it over heating? Losing coolant ?I am asking because you said you took it in because of coding.If a head gasket is blown there should be signs. If blown between cylinders there would be power loss .Does it have the same power you bought it with? Computers lie sometimes .WE ALL KNOW THAT DEALERS ARE UPRIGHT HONEST FOLKS MOST OF THE TIME. I just have to wonder if all the diagnostics were preformed whit a computer. 1 bad component can give computers a fit .If your tractor is under warranty .By all means let them fix it .If not get a second opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1st visit a branch had pulled a wiring harness on the egr.. when I picked it up it overheated with. 3 blocks of dealers... immediately returned they refilled it with coolant and suppos we dly did the oil change for the 100hour maint...drove it saw no leaks and sent it home...I mowed for 15minutes and the code went off...so I shut it down... I agree they should have notice coolant/wayer in the oil..

·
Registered
58 Posts
The overheating caused the head gasket to go. I guess the question is why did it overheat? Dealer may have some amount of culpability depending on what caused that - but it is unfortunate that you didn't catch the temperature rise before damage was caused.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The overheating caused the head gasket to go. I guess the question is why did it overheat? Dealer may have some amount of culpability depending on what caused that - but it is unfortunate that you didn't catch the temperature rise before damage was caused.
So when they returned it with no coolant after I asked them to fix it and drove 6 blocks... I'm going to call that they're fault as they were asked to diag and inspect it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So when they returned it with no coolant after I asked them to fix it and drove 6 blocks
Agreed!

FYI - I have the same tractor - DK4210SE but a cab model. I mention the cab model because with the recent weather at or above 100F, I run it 100% of the time with the AC on. Temp is always a couple of needle widths below halfway. However, I haven't done much PTO work with it recently - mostly just box scraper and some loader work. I REALLY like the tractor a lot. I hope you can get yours fixed soon - and on the dealer's nickel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine is the cab model as well, and I'm up in Indiana so it's a bit cooler, but I have major heat problems and can't even go outside for 5 minutes at 85+ or I get heat exhaustion/sickness, thus with the walk to get to the tractor's parking plocale.. It doesn't get used unless it's <85 out there

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Mine is the cab model as well, and I'm up in Indiana so it's a bit cooler, but I have major heat problems and can't even go outside for 5 minutes at 85+ or I get heat exhaustion/sickness, thus with the walk to get to the tractor's parking plocale.. It doesn't get used unless it's <85 out there

I am in Southern Indiana........Which Kioti dealer are you dealing with?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts