Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1050 gets a new red seat

I've been looking for a seat for the 69 bolens 1050. The original was red, but I thought about putting a black one on since the 69's had a black steering wheel. Looked at northern and most were either too wide or too long, although I could've made them fit. The only seats I found were either black, yellow, or brown. So I figured until I do a resto on it, black would be fine. Then I remembered I had a red matco creeper seat on the truck!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Looks nice. Just have to keep your butt in it, and noone will know it's not OE.:D :D

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Looks good they have seats for creepers:confused:

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jody
It's just a tractor seat on a frame with four swivel casters and a tool tray underneath. A little easier and more comfortable than sitting on a milk crate while working on the side of a car or motorcycle. It sits about 24" high.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Oh ok i got ya now.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well size wise, pretty close but other than the color not really. I just wanted to get this one running and put it to use. I got the clutch ready to go in and another shifter, choke cable, throttle cable, belts, etc. Hopefully over the three day weekend I can get together and then see what else it needs.
Here's the original seat on my other 1050:

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
That one looks more comfortable:D

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Jeepers CREEPERS….I can’t believe my peepers. :rolleyes:
A purest using non NOS parts !!!!
I on the other hand would have used that seat without hesitation
because it Looks Good and “If It Looks Good….It Must Be Better” :thumbsup:

BTW what does NOS stand for ??? :confused:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
BTW what does NOS stand for ???

new old stock.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aegt5000
Don't panic and run for the thermometer!:D I'll probably get an upholstery shop to make some red seat covers for the original metal seat, but for now at least I can ride it w/o getting hemmoroids!:D
Anyway I can always put the creeper seat back together and sell it as used for at least my cost.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
See there you purist’s go again, talking about upholstery shops
(rejuvenators NEVER talk about upholstery shops)
That Matco seat looks great, any rejuvenator I know would be
proud to use it. (Wait till you see the Case muffler I put on the 1250)

Rejuvenators tractors never die…..They just keep evolving :smiles:

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You know part of me wants to just clean it up and use it but I know somewhere down the road I won't be able to stop myself! It would be nice to have one clean original and one that could really work w/o worrying about it. But since I have all these "almost" decals I might as well make it a little more presentable.
Still need to order the tires. Looks like I'll go with AG's on the rear and turf on the front. I hope they don't leave marks or tear up the grass. But like you say, "If they look good......." This is the one I got the weights for, the '67 has near perfect original paint on the rims and has never had weights on it. ( my wife calls it the princess!)

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by sixchows
Still need to order the tires. Looks like I'll go with AG's on the rear and turf on the front. I hope they don't leave marks or tear up the grass. But like you say, "If they look good......."

I'm telling you sixchows, those tires I told you about don't tear up the turf.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Argee
Yea, I forgot about those ATV tires, I'll take another look before ordering. Do you think they'd be OK w/o the washer fluid? Not crazy about the idea of filling my tires with poison with the dogs you never know one of them might drink enough if there was ever a leak. I know it's fatal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts