Troy-Bilt Trailblazer sickle section replacement Part 1

Discussion in 'Troy-Bilt' started by Panicbutter, Apr 10, 2008.

1. mbuhugh

mbuhugh New Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Shaking Trail Blazer

I bought my Trail Blazer in 1992 to handle the rough weeds on my undeveloped lot. I was thrilled with the way it behaved until this year when one bolt loosened and one bolt broke on the upper slide bar drive plate. I replaced them and readjusted the hold-down plates on the cutter blade. Soon after, the machine has gone into a severe vibration as if something is loose and I notice that the rubber bushing and metal sleeve in the drive plate are working loose. I understand that the machines have not been made since 2001 and parts are getting hard to find. None of the Troy-bilt Service Centers in the Los Angeles area seem to give much help in fixing it. I hate to throw the machine away because it is needing repair. Does anyone have an idea of who could help fix it? Call me at 310-457-7619

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  2. xlorkhanx

xlorkhanx New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    www.partstree.com has parts for trailblazers just put in your model number and such

3. kirkjb68

kirkjb68 New Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Original selling price for Trailblazer mower

I bought a model 15005 4 HP with 38" blade sometime in the mid to late 1980's directly from Troybilt and recall the delivered cost from Troy, NY to New Jersey, including some spare parts, was under $1300.

4. bri_rus

bri_rus New Member

Aug 13, 2010
    After fighting last year with the old blade that has been broken rewelded and bent beyond recognition, I broke down and tried this fix. It worked fantastic, granted I had access to a shop that made a new bar for me, and they also cut all the blades down so I did not have to. I did not countersink the rivets, I put them in and then ground off the part that stuck out. Still worked well enough to cut the large weeds on my acreage, went through hollyhock stalks like going through grass. I am very impressed by the time it took to put in these instructions and I very much appreciate having them.
    Thanks again.

5. 8acres

8acres New Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Troy-Bilt Sickle Bar

Bought sections at local John Deere dealer and followed your instructions. Used some different techniques but accomplished the same result. Mowing now without the cost of high dollar sections. Thanks for the post.