My gravely log splitter

Discussion in 'Gravely / Ariens' started by shippashaft, Sep 11, 2010.

1. shippashaft

shippashaft shippashaft

Sep 11, 2010
    Hi guys im new here .Just wanted to post a pic of my newest attachment a log splitter i fabbed up from an old roto hoe .It uses a rotary mower gear box with love joy coupler to pump and it articulates in the middle to turn .It works like a dream too

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  2. tractor beam

tractor beam ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIELS Staff Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Welcome to the forum SS! Too darn cool!

3. shippashaft

shippashaft shippashaft

Sep 11, 2010
    Thanks for having me glad you like it now its time to paint it and add the 4 way wedge

4. tractor beam

tractor beam ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIELS Staff Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Where does the snowplow go on at?:D I wish I had something like that! Nice rig and thank you for sharing the photos! Chris

5. ka5wpl

ka5wpl New Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Thanks for the pics. I just bought a Troy Bilt wood splitter designed to run off of a Horse rear tine tiller PTO. But I intend to use my Gravely to power it, of course. I like your set up and how it articulates in the middle. Very nice! I hope to build something similiar.
    Thanks again!

6. GreenFlyer

GreenFlyer New Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Where's the cup holder? Nice job.

7. powerup8

powerup8 New Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Awesome!!!! I love it!! No pump tank? can i have a few more picks?

8. powerup8

powerup8 New Member

Dec 16, 2010
    pure mechanical genius!!:cool:

9. shippashaft

shippashaft shippashaft

Sep 11, 2010
    Hi thanks for thr replys on the splitter i have not been on in a while .Ill take some more pics of it soon im putting a toungue jack with dolly whell to roll it around when its not attached .As for the tank the beam works as the resivor .This was a cool old attachment from a roto hoe tractor i justa added the heavy axle and fabbed up the gear box bracket from an old mower deck and it worked great with a ton of power on my 12 horse or my 7,6 L8 .Thanks again Barry