Case DX Series Compact Utility Tractor Specs.

Discussion in 'Case / Farmall - International Harvester' started by Live Oak, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Live Oak

Live Oak New Member

Dec 21, 2003
  2. bontai Joe

bontai Joe Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    Nice looking tractors! Are they built by Case here in the states? Or are they an import with Case decals on them?

3. Live Oak

Live Oak New Member

Dec 21, 2003
    It looks like the Case DX series tractors are an off shoot of the New Holland Boomer tractors. I am not a bit fan of Shibaura engines. Anyhow it looks like the Case DX's are Japanese.

Nostalgia Sells

4. Matt

Matt New Member

Mar 7, 2004
    I wonder how much for a DX18...

5. HYDROGUARDIAN16

HYDROGUARDIAN16 LT/GT Moderator

Feb 13, 2007
    GOLF COURSE DX55

I work @ www.westmoorgrounds.com golf cource owned by www.westmoor.org country club called westmoor country club in wisconsin. Today we had too many utility carts in use so I got to use a DX55. My eyes teared up when I heard phil spitz say you are driving a tractor. This was the first time for me to really drive a tractor. It was awsome! I am on the grounds crew and I work from 5:30 am to 12:30 pm. :tractorsm :spinsmile :spinsmile

6. oldgreenmachine

oldgreenmachine New Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Farmalls

Has anyone had experience with the new Farmalls? I know the previous CaseIH CUT's were essentially the same as NH. Are there any differences with the new Farmalls?

7. oldgreenmachine

oldgreenmachine New Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Wow what a quiet forum. Nobody has any experience with the new Farmalls?

8. Live Oak

Live Oak New Member

Dec 21, 2003
    I just don't see many folks buying them in my area.

9. Lamar Holland

Lamar Holland New Member

Dec 28, 2005
    As per my avatar, I have an 09 case-farmall Dx45 cab.. It is nothing more than different paint from the 45 hp New Hollands.. tractor is fine for what I need to do with it, which is basically hog mow fields and plow a lot of snow,,, This case replaces a Kubota L48 TLB..

10. ilander

ilander New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    oldgreenmachine

You asked if anyone has had experience with DX tractors. I have had a DX25E since 2005. It's tough as nails. I beat it to death all day long and it begs for more at days end. I've put over 700 hours on it on weekends mainly doing forestry work and dirt dozing. In the winter I doze snow and blow snow. Here's a partial list of attachments: belly mower, trail mower, 6 way dozer, brush hog, 3 pt hitch dump trailer, woods tiller, weed sprayer, skidder, hoist, fork lift, disc, and harrow.

Attached Files:

11. kitz

kitz green acres

Jan 2, 2011
    Dont have one. but as long as it is red and says IH its ok in my book

12. pogobill

pogobill Registered User

Jan 31, 2012
    Dx 45

I have a DX 45 and I am quite pleased with it. I do find that it is a little light on the back end, even though I do have one set of wheel weights on the back. I have the skid steer quick attach on the FEL and use my forks for moving hay bales. I find it a little more comforting doing this with my snow blower on the back for ballast, although it will handle the big bales no problem with out the extra weight on the back.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    I have a snow bucket, but it is very tippy if you try to haul a bucket of sand or gravel with it. The small bucket is fine for sand and gravel, but if you're not a smooth operator, the back wheels will kick up!

[​IMG]
    By pogobill at 2012-02-14

[​IMG]
    By pogobill at 2012-02-14

This tractor works great for my property, although a cab would have been great when it comes to blowing snow!
    Cheers
    Bill

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  13. blueox

blueox blueox redtractor

Jul 28, 2014
    I have had 4 dx45s in the past 12 years I currently own an 09 cab. I have broke one in half ripped a soft ball sized chunk out of the transfer case and have logged well over 15000 hrs on this machine. I have loved it , hated it, babied it, mistreated it and made a full time living off of it for the better part of 13 yrs now. Every thing that can be broken, I have broken even stuff the dealership is still scratching their heads about. I have repaired myself just about everything on this tractor. I have successfully with the help of a case mech increased the hp on the pto from stock 37.5 to 83.6 on the dynometer. Yes its true! I have also the service manuals as well as the parts manual on my computer. I would be happy to answer any questions about this tractor you may have and maybe learn something new from yall. This tractor is always throwing something at me new.

Attached Files:

14. Matthew2158

Matthew2158 New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Blueox, would you share how you were able to bump the hp up on your Dx45? Was a turbo added? Very interested. Thanks, Matthew.