2210 Transmission filters/screens

Discussion in 'Yanmar' started by Cluelessrich, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Cluelessrich

Cluelessrich Yanmar owner

Aug 6, 2011
    I want to check the hydraulic filter and/or screen on my 2210 but can't find them. Can anyone tell me where to look? I have a generic service manual but it doesn't show the location of the filter cartridge nor the pump screen.

I'm not having any problems with the tractor - should I leave it alone and not risk causing a problem by messing with it? I just assume it would be better to clean/replace any filters/screens as a precaution against possible serious problems down the line.

I've already had the pleasure of replacing the head gasket - fortunately that went well!

Thanks

2. winston

winston Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Your suction screen is located on the other side of the transmission in line with the suction line. There will be a 3 bolt flange there. The screen is behind it. I don't think you have a screw on filter. I am sending you a pm.

3. bmaverick

bmaverick New Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Every 500 hrs drain the fluid. When it's emptied look underneath for three little bolt-heads in a triangle pattern maybe 1.5" apart. Undo them, pull out the screen filter, clean, put back exactly the same way, button up, refill with hyd/trans. There's no external filter.

Location depending on the Yanmar ...

- Located just below the p.t.o. shaft and a little forward.

- Lie under and find where the bottom of the right axle joins the main central structural body. About 7 or 8 inches forward, look for a fitting that points to the right. It's connected with those three little bolts and has a drain plug in the middle. That's it. For less mess, take the plug out first.