Featured Tractor of November - TANK
Tractor Forum > CUT & Big Tractor Manufacturer Forums > Kubota > Kubota L245 hyrdraulic issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
jimno3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Angry Kubota L245 hyrdraulic issue

I was using my father in laws tractor with a wood splitter, and after I filled it up with fuel and let it sit, it no longer worked. I think that the filter is clogged because the wood splitter had not been used in a while. The machine has hydro fluid and it didn't make any funny noises. Where do I find the hydraulic filter screen you guys have talked about on a L245DT with a bucket?
Any help is appreciated - This is my first post.
I am hoping that my pump is not bad.
THANKS!
Jim

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #2
Live Oak
Tractors

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Welcome to Tractor Forum Jim! By chance did you leave the tractor outside overnight in very cold weather? If the filter is clogged, it may have water and other contaminants that froze and blocked the filter.

The L245 actually has a hydraulic pump strainer screen. You can order them at Tractor Smart for $10.75.

http://www.tractorsmart.com/mall/dynamic-results3.asp?Name=L245&D1=%25%25%25&T1=&B1=Find+Pa rts

In the interim, if the strainer screen is frozen, you might try moving the tractor to a heated garage or building to let it thaw out.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:05 AM   #3
mark777

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Re: Kubota L245 hyrdraulic issue

Quote:
Originally posted by jimno3
. Where do I find the hydraulic filter screen you guys have talked about on a L245DT with a bucket?
Any help is appreciated - This is my first post.
I am hoping that my pump is not bad.
THANKS!
Jim
Most often it is a clogged internal filter screen (located here
internal-filter.jpg  

Old 11-26-2008, 08:00 AM   #4
jimno3

Re: Re: Kubota L245 hyrdraulic issue

Quote:
Originally posted by mark777
Most often it is a clogged internal filter screen (located here
Thanks guys,
I found the filter last night...the filter was clogged thoroughly, so I cleaned it up real nice and then put in new fluid. But it still has no pressure. What else could be wrong? Do I have to bleed out some air or something?
I was wondering if I should take off the pressurized line off the bucket, start the tractor up and see if oil comes out. If it came out then I knew the pump is at least turning, but if there is no oil...I would assume the pump is shot.
Thanks again guys,
Jim

Old 12-02-2008, 07:49 AM   #5
jimno3

Re: Re: Re: Kubota L245 hyrdraulic issue

Quote:
Originally posted by jimno3
Thanks guys,
I found the filter last night...the filter was clogged thoroughly, so I cleaned it up real nice and then put in new fluid. But it still has no pressure. What else could be wrong? Do I have to bleed out some air or something?
I was wondering if I should take off the pressurized line off the bucket, start the tractor up and see if oil comes out. If it came out then I knew the pump is at least turning, but if there is no oil...I would assume the pump is shot.
Thanks again guys,
Jim
Just checking back in - you wouldn't believe what I found. The key on the hydraulic pump which connects the gear and shaft was sheared. Too bad I figured this out after I order a new pump....

Old 12-02-2008, 10:54 AM   #6
Live Oak
Tractors

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I would look further into this to find out what if anything may have caused the key to shear. Might be something else wrong.

Quick Reply