Featured Tractor of November - TANK
Tractor Forum > CUT & Big Tractor Manufacturer Forums > Kubota > Kubota B4200

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
WallyBear
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Kubota B4200

I am looking to get some opinions on price and over all thoughts on a B4200 with 1100 hrs. I am looking at one with a FEL, 44" belly mower, 4X4, rear PTO and three piont hitch. It has 1100 hrs and ROL. Dealer is looking for $5,000.00 which I think is way to high.

Any ideas on value? Also what is the overall opinion on the tactor. I am a little concerned about 12HP but truly be putting a hude demand on it. I mow 3 flat acres and plan to use the FEL to clear snow on a short (30') driveway.

Thanks in advance

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
tractor beam
ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIELS
TRKTR_ADMIN.png

Tractors

Liked 365 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 271

Sounds about right. The dealers are always high, but those units are very valuable. Might check around on craigslist and ebay.

And hides the pines with billboard signs, from sea to oily sea
***** The best customer of American industry is a well paid worker **** Don't believe everything you think.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
WallyBear

Thanks

I am heading down to see if I can get them closer to 4K. So far this spring I have try to get my hands on both a wheelhorse and simplicity with FEL and both times they sold while I was in route to look at them. I think I am ready to pull the trigger before this one gets away.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:50 AM   #4
HickoryNut
Grindin Away n Goin Blind

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Wally,
If that Bota is in good shape (i.e everything works as it should) I would have already written the check. If the dealer replaced all the fluids. filters, belts, that would be a huge bonus.

That and 2 bucks will get you a coffee at Starbucks or a chicken biscuit at Hardees. YMMV.

Oh yeah, we like pictures!

"'I can't do it' never yet accomplished anything; 'I will try' has performed wonders." - George P. Burnham

Old 06-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
WallyBear

I got them down to 4,500 and pulled the trigger.

Hickory that’s a great idea put unfortunately I have already struck the deal and had not thought of it.

I have one question. The dealer I am buying it from is a Cub Cadet dealer and admitted to having limited Kubota knowledge. We could not seem to find away to have the rear PTO in a lifted position and then be able to use the bucket.

He suggested that there may have been a Deck locking pin at some point but admitted he really didn't know. It appears I will need to remove the mid mount mowing deck when using the FEL, does that sound right?

PS I will add some pics once I pick it up

Old 02-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
tilco

Hey Wally, You've probably already found this out, but there is a rotary valve under the front of the seat. One way operates the rear linkage with the hydraulic lever, rotate the valve 180 degrees and move the hydraulic lever to the rear to operate the loader.

Quick Reply