Featured Tractor of September - TecumsechBrigg's 96 Ranch King
Tractor Forum > CUT & Big Tractor Manufacturer Forums > Mahindra / Lenar > mahindra problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 11:45 AM   #1
haydenpage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

mahindra problems

we purchased a 6500 4wd last october,from day one hyd leak at return line into block,dealer tried to repair 3 times,returned tractor to us with a j.b weld on fitting. called mahindra directly ,rep says all tractors he looks at are leaking, why are they not recalling these units,very fustrated with dealer and mahindra,no follow thru at all....1 year later no repair and no fix in sight ,we like tractor but almost no customer support,,,be carefull when buying by price...i would rather pay more bucks and get some customer support network ....

mike

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #2
urednecku

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks for the post! I seriously considered a Mahindra a couple months ago, & decided on Kubota. Two main reasons, (1) have family & friends with Kubotas, so I know first hand about them, highly recomended by all I talked to. (2) I didn't like some of the answers about service from the local dealer (a very small, and new dealer in the area). I hope you get some better results in the future, and hopefully that is all the trouble you have with it!

Old 10-26-2007, 01:37 PM   #3
mark777

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have heard about the leaks at the block from the return line....This is about the third or fourth such incident that I can recall, and it's always in the same place.

It is as if the manufacturer cut the wrong pitch on the threads, or slightly over-sized on the bore before tapping. Fortunately, I haven't heard of any other complaints about the Mahindra brand. Most owners I've talked with are very happy with their tractors.

Good luck,

Mark

Old 02-10-2008, 08:11 PM   #4
Deberosa

Tractors

Hi,

I see you are from Washington State, are you in western washington?

I've gotten great support for my Mahindra, I purchased it from Boulder Equipment outside of Shelton. Being a total novice in tractors, they were very accomodating and took the time to show me how to use the tractor when they delivered it. If you are close by you might try them...

Debbie

Old 02-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #5
Crystal Springs

Mahindra Tractor Nightmare

Were do I start?

2006 6500 4wd

Hydraulic Leak

Bolts not tightened on frame and fell off.

Brake pedal stuck because no grease fittings exists for brake shaft?

Try and replace the battery..OMG..what are these indians engineers smoking?

under 200 hrs in 4 yrs because everytime I run it something else breaks..STAY AWAY FROM THESE TRACTORS UNLESS U WANT TO PAY FOR IT AND NOT USE IT!

Old 07-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
george-r

I have a E-350-DI Mahindra. Today it was running fine and it suddenly started dieing out and eventually quit. I was cutting grass with a finishing mower. Once it sits for a while it cranks right back up but shortly dies back off. It has 650 hrs and Ive only changed the oil once a year. I think I bought it in 02, new. Could it be the fuel filters?

Old 07-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #7
Duncan

We bought a new Mahindra 4035 a year ago. Almost immediately had problems. Kept burning up starters. My husband tried to tell them there was a wiring problem. The owner of the dealership accused my husband of doing something to cause it. They finally brought another mechanic from the Missouri location that firgured out that yes in deed the wiring harness had a short and had to be replaced. The shuttle shifter came lose twice and had to be repaired. It has had two fuel line leaks. Now it has a leaking hydraulic cylinder that they are blaming us for. This tractor only has 137 hours on it now. This tractor is a piece of junk and the dealer, Tatum Motor Company is the poorest example of customer service on the planet. DO NOT BUY MAHINDRA!

Old 07-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #8
mark4472

I am a service manager at a construction company and to all those that work on equipment know construction workers are hard on everything. We have good operators but they aren't always the ones that get on the tractors. Our tractors are basically wheel barrows with engines. We own a Mahindra 6000 4wd and up till this year I loved it but the clutch failed and i sent it to the dealership to have a new one installed. After a picking it up and $3500 later we brought it to our yard. It went on a couple jobs and came back to the yard. The very next day I went out to check it out and the clutch wouldn't disengage so I called the dealer and they sent a mechanic out to check it out being it was only a 1/4 mile from the dealership. He popped the clutch a few times, loosened the bolts on the pressure plate, popped the clutch a couple more times and it disengaged. Yeah!! until I received a $350 bill in the mail. So a month goes by and I decided to hook up a bush hog and cut the grass at a location we keep our job trailers. Guess what? PTO doesn't work. It worked before we took it to the dealer. Parts and Labor warranty 3mths. only 761 hrs on the machine. only 20 hrs on it since they replaced the clutch, but its been 6 mths. Did also mentioned when we got it back from the dealership the first time no fluid was in the case under the seat that lifts the lower arms? Tired of being a victim of poor service. I remember when Dealerships made it right with customers and now its like they dont care. Back to the Mule and Plow if this doesn't straighten up

Old 07-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #9
JoeKP
Electric Man

Tractors

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Service for mahindra in our area is great. Also we did most repairs ourselfs we have access to a few big garages and machine shops. Most of the replacements are custom made by us

Don't believe me? too bad!! :thumbsup:

Old 09-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #10
dlovett55

I Bought a Mahindra Tractor and after Months of No luck I traded it for another Mahindra 5035- 200 hours on and the wiring burned up, it is under warrenty and Tatum Motor Company keeps saying the parts are on order! After 4 weeks- I talked to Steve at Mahindra in Texas ( Manager over warrenty)and He called me back and said they have had the part for 10 days at Tatum Motor Co. 2 hrs earlier I talked to the person that signed for the Parts at the store where I bought the Tractor! The Poorest service I have ever seen! I bought a tractor with 5 yrs warrenty and that is only as good as the dealer!

Old 09-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #11
dlovett55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
We bought a new Mahindra 4035 a year ago. Almost immediately had problems. Kept burning up starters. My husband tried to tell them there was a wiring problem. The owner of the dealership accused my husband of doing something to cause it. They finally brought another mechanic from the Missouri location that firgured out that yes in deed the wiring harness had a short and had to be replaced. The shuttle shifter came lose twice and had to be repaired. It has had two fuel line leaks. Now it has a leaking hydraulic cylinder that they are blaming us for. This tractor only has 137 hours on it now. This tractor is a piece of junk and the dealer, Tatum Motor Company is the poorest example of customer service on the planet. DO NOT BUY MAHINDRA!
I have a 5035 and the wiring messed up and they said I smashed the wires causing the problem and then Lying about the parts being ordered and not being there. they have been there for 10 days and have had the tractor for a month

Old 09-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #12
dlovett55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovett55 View Post
I Bought a Mahindra Tractor and after Months of No luck I traded it for another Mahindra 5035- 200 hours on and the wiring burned up, it is under warrenty and Tatum Motor Company keeps saying the parts are on order! After 4 weeks- I talked to Steve at Mahindra in Texas ( Manager over warrenty)and He called me back and said they have had the part for 10 days at Tatum Motor Co. 2 hrs earlier I talked to the person that signed for the Parts at the store where I bought the Tractor! The Poorest service I have ever seen! I bought a tractor with 5 yrs warrenty and that is only as good as the dealer!
One Day later I talked to Mahindra( Factory ) They changed the story--- Parts still not there and don't know when they will be there! We will call you-- is what they said! I just want a time and they can't give it! You would think they would know where there parts are! So bad!

Old 10-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #13
Colonel77

I purchased a Mahindra 4110 three ago for use at my Q/H ranch. I have had nothing but trouble with it from the beginning. It was bought new with every attachment that Mahindra makes. The hydraulic system is pathetic and will not power half of the systems. They advertise 5 year warranty: be careful there. Tractor has 5 year warranty written on it. I have 600 hours on it and has been in the dealer 7 times.
1. Poor assembly: Bolts and pins came out everywhere.
2. Clutch went out& was replaced.
3. Hydraulic leaks everywhere.
4. PTO electrical system works half the time. You have to get off and tap in the switch under right side body panel.
5. Lights work: sometimes. You never know!!
6. Two weeks ago coolant began spraying out of the overflow.
7. Tractor is back at the dealer and they are reporting possible head gasket leak of cracked head or block. Dealer stated that they would have to contact Mahindra rep, but first response is that the warranty is out. 3 years and just went out of warranty. Mind you was sold as a 5 year warranty and it only has 600 hours on it.
8. Clutch is going out again, by the way.

Have contacted Mahindra reps and district Manager by email and phone: NO response as of this post. Five (5) more people in this area have purchased Mahindra and are have nothing but trouble. Do not make the mistake of buying on of these pieces of trash.
I paid over $35,000.00 for nothing but trouble and no service or support from dealers nor Mahindra.

Don Parker
Rayville, Louisiana.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #14
tractormanbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by george-r View Post
I have a E-350-DI Mahindra. Today it was running fine and it suddenly started dieing out and eventually quit. I was cutting grass with a finishing mower. Once it sits for a while it cranks right back up but shortly dies back off. It has 650 hrs and Ive only changed the oil once a year. I think I bought it in 02, new. Could it be the fuel filters?
Take the line off of the bottom of the tank and see what kind of fuel fuel comes out.
If it is good it is probably the filters.
Tractormanbill

Old 07-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #15
TwoGun

mihindra 3016 pto will not engage, took it to shop and they told me warranty is for power train only even though it says 5 years warranty. told the solinoid was ok . i took wires off from switch to solinoid put them through the electrical test all are good. found what looks like a 1.5 fuse but dont know what it does. checked it out put it all back on and still doesnt work, any ideas?

Quick Reply