Tractor of the Month - May- CaseSC611B
Tractor Forum > CUT & Big Tractor Manufacturer Forums > Case / Farmall - International Harvester > Super C hydraulic system

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
grif_5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Tractors

Super C hydraulic system

I have a Super C, that we just got running after at least 15 yrs. It runs fine, but I have never used the hydraulics on it. I'm not sure what to check to see if it still works, or what should I check if it doesn't work. Any specific fluids I need, and thing else I should check? Wish I could be more help describing it, but Hydraulics on tractors are new to me. Any questions you have I can find. I'll post a picture as soon as I can, but any information would be appreciated. Also any where to find somw info would help also!!!

Thank You

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
grif_5

Tractors

Here is a picture of each side. Thank you in advance!!

dsc_0149.jpg   dsc_0155.jpg  

Old 07-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
Country Boy
Bovi-Sapiens
TRKTR_MODERATOR.png

Liked 116 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 110

The pump on that unit runs off the timing gears at the front of the engine. Its that aluminum colored piece that the two steel lines come out of. The large block of cast iron below the fuel tank is your reservoir and the actuator for the cultivator lift arms that stick out of either side. I can't tell from the picture, but you should have a control lever up by the steering column that will control the system. I'd make sure its full of hydraulic oil (should be a dipstick or fill-to plug) and then fire the tractor up and try the lever. Beyond that I can't help you because my Farmall H has a totally different system than your Super C.

'76 IH 1066 Turbo Diesel, '73 IH 766 Diesel, '72 IH 574 Utility Gas, '56 IH 350 Utility Gas, '47 Farmall H Gas, '08 Bobcat Toolcat 5600 Turbo

Pineray Dairy -- Quality milk since 1880

Stihl, Ariens, Tecumseh, LCT, Lauson, Kohler, Subaru and Lawn Boy Certified Technician with over 10 years experience.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
kennyzaher
Tractors

country boy is correct i have 2 super c's one has been seized up for 30 yrs and the other is used to hay the one that has been stuck freed up last week and a farmall m is soaking waiting for that to unfree as well but anyhow there is a plug on the laft side of that reservoir and the oil should be able to be seen

Quick Reply