Tractor of the Month - April- pbrezny

Help us build our Tractor Registry by Adding your Tractor!

Tractor Forum > CUT & Big Tractor Manufacturer Forums > Case / Farmall - International Harvester > Hydraulic Fluid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 05:42 AM   #1
pecken
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Hydraulic Fluid

How often should I do a complete change? Or how can I tell by looking at the fluid? I've changed the filter numerous times when my hydraulics seem to act slow but never done a complete fluid change. Does anyone know how much it takes ?
Is There any difference in Fluids? I've bought mine at Sams for years.. Pay about $35 for 5 gallons.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
Live Oak
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tractors

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I recommend you get an owners manual which will cover scheduled maintenance and related issues. Change your fluids as per the operator/owners manual. The Walmart tractor transmission/hydraulic fluid is fine. It is made by Shell for Walmart and is typically half the price of pretty much the same stuff sold by the dealers in repackaged format.

I personally prefer Baldwin filters but there are other good quality filter brands out there. Stay away from the Fram, and other cheapee junk filters and you should be fine.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply