Tractor of the Month - April- pbrezny

Help us build our Tractor Registry by Adding your Tractor!

Tractor Forum > CUT & Big Tractor Manufacturer Forums > Case / Farmall - International Harvester > David Brown 885

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
shatrell07
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

David Brown 885

Im having a few issues with my David Brown 885, and wanted to know if anyone has some idea of what's causing these problems

Fluid is coming out of the bleeder on the side next to the ram cylinder, and fluid is also coming out of the bottom of the control valve.
In both cases, it only happens when the lever is in forward or reverse due to pressure but never when in neutral.
Does anyone have any suggestions as what could be causing this?

Any comment is appreciated

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
BelarusBulldog

Tractors

Liked 81 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 496

Part of the problem sounds like a restriction in the control valve. Maybe a rubber seal blocking a port. What were you doing when this happened?

Plowing, it's snow much fun!

Old 05-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
shatrell07

I was disengaging/engaging the control lever on the control valve when I realized the fluid leakage.

Here's what Ive done so far:

The control valve has hydraulic lines attached (the hydraulic lift was not working at all), so I removed the hydraulic lift pump to see that one of the rubbers were bad. I replaced it.

I replaced the ram cylinder's O ring, dissassembled the control valve and thoroughly cleaned it, and also replaced the hydraulic filter.

Quick Reply