Featured Tractor of September - TecumsechBrigg's 96 Ranch King
Tractor Forum > CUT & Big Tractor Manufacturer Forums > Case / Farmall - International Harvester > case 420b

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2007, 01:08 PM   #1
incase
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

case 420b

I just purchased a 1958 Case 420b with loader/ backhoe. I like advise on getting parts, what to look out for as far as problems they have, and would like to get a 18" or 24" used bucket for it, where would I find one...Any advise or info would be appreciated...Thanks..David

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2007, 10:38 PM   #2
chrpmaster

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

First of all Welcome to the Tractor Forum!

Second I am not familiar with that model so I won't attempt to comment on it quirks and problem areas. Caseman D is one of our resident Case experts. Hopefully he or one other the other Case experts will pop up here soon to help you out.

Keep us informed on how you like your "new" tractor.

Andy

Stupidity is exasperating. Willful ignorance is bulletproof.

Having government manage your health care is like having Michael Vick watch your dog.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting to see what they will have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
incase

thank you for the warm welcome Andy...David

Old 04-13-2007, 10:51 PM   #4
caseman-d
Lifetime Supporting Member
TRKTR_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Likes Given: 1

Re: case 420b

Quote:
Originally posted by incase
I just purchased a 1958 Case 420b with loader/ backhoe. I like advise on getting parts, what to look out for as far as problems they have, and would like to get a 18" or 24" used bucket for it, where would I find one...Any advise or info would be appreciated...Thanks..David
Hi David,
The 420 is considered construction, tractor parts could be purchased from most any Case dealer if they haven't been discontinued. Used parts you may try Don Livingston.

manifold@smig.net
507-433-0073
He is good on the case side, The loader and hoe are probably will be a challenge unless you have a parts manual. Your industrail Case dealer may have information on buckets. With out knowing what the hoe model is it could be tough to find a bucket. That hoe is the same age as I am so it's getting antique status. Don L may be able to help. He has helped me find some parts for an old hoe. Good luck with it.
caseman-d

Old 04-14-2007, 03:30 PM   #5
incase

Thanks Caseman

Caseman, Thank you very much for the info. I'll probably have more questions down the road, (hope you don't mind). Thanks, David

Old 04-14-2007, 09:43 PM   #6
caseman-d
Lifetime Supporting Member
TRKTR_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Likes Given: 1

Re: Thanks Caseman

Quote:
Originally posted by incase
Caseman, Thank you very much for the info. I'll probably have more questions down the road, (hope you don't mind). Thanks, David
Ask away David. I think I forgot to mention you may want to try going to www.caseih.com , you can get into parts manuals to look for parts. I also have an old JI Case part number cross reference for old number changes.
caseman-d

Old 05-01-2007, 03:30 PM   #7
incase

420b Gas engine

Does anyone know if and what other tractors and the years they were used by, the same gas engine that is in my 1959 420b backhoe/loader. Thanks

Quick Reply