Tractor of the Month - May- CaseSC611B
Tractor Forum > CUT & Big Tractor Manufacturer Forums > Case / Farmall - International Harvester > Case 1537 uniloader

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
1537MI
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Case 1537 uniloader

Hello everybody! My 1537 uniloader is going to be dropped off tomorrow! This will be my very first piece of heavy equipment, and it of course has its problems. I spend more than what you'd call a "considerable" amount of time on the computer, I was more wanting to purchase a backhoe but this little guy came up locally and I just had to hand over a stack of $100's and buy it.

I understand these are old, like 70's old, have some kind of complicated belt drive etc. It does move just fine. The problem with this machine is that the hydraulics do not work. I did not check any hydraulic or ATF as is listed on the machine to see if it actually had fluid in it. The guy I bought it from told me the previous owner said it absolutely needed a new pump or have the pump rebuilt. I didn't buy it thinking it would be easy to fix, but I would start with the obvious first anyway.

After we shut the machine down, I could hear gargling in the hydraulic controls.

I go to the ends of the internet and back to find as much info about all the things I own, and this fine forum came up with somebody asking about a slightly larger model of this (the 1737), so I figured I would join up and start posting!

Any help or info will be so greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
tractor beam
ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIELS
TRKTR_ADMIN.png

Tractors

Liked 341 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 208

Well, first off, we're glad to have you! Hows about some photos of your vintage toy?

And hides the pines with billboard signs, from sea to oily sea
***** The best customer of American industry is a well paid worker **** Don't believe everything you think.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:57 AM   #3
BERMUDA KEN

Read the manual to get familiar with the machine. If you need a book, they can be bought online or at a CASE/CASEIH dealer.

First off...the "gurgling" noise you hear is called cavitation. Somewhere your hyd system is sucking air in. Check to see that you have the proper level of oil in the hyd tank and the proper type of oil. There should be a sight gauge on the tank.

The 1537 holds 19 gallons of TCH oil. TCH oil is only sold at CASE/CASEIH dealers. If you are going to drain and re-fill the unit, you can switch it over to HYRTRAN oil. Buy the correct filters for this from a CASE/CASEIH dealer. The "will fitter" hyd filters WILL cause problems.

Keep your IH machine alive with genuine IH parts!

See the largest online catalog of IH tractor wiring diagrams here...http://www.cngco.com/wiring_diagrams/wiring_diagrams.html

I sell parts for IH - FARMALL - CASEIH - STEIGER tractors, CUB CADET outdoor power products and WOODS mowers.....Visit the dealer I work at here..http://www.cngco.com

Old 12-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #4
tazman

case 1537

Hi I have a 1537 to and it takes auto trans fluid and i have yet to find peep hole. so if any nos were it is please let me no.The pump is a dana pump part #po15aa204-2205-2 good luck finding one.I got lucky and found one in my barn.Case does not have them on the books any more.Tazman

Old 05-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
calvert812

No sight glass just a plug for fluid level....I have one and use it every day...George

Quick Reply