Featured Tractor of August - offdutyangler's Allis Chalmers
Tractor Forum > CUT & Big Tractor Manufacturer Forums > Case / Farmall - International Harvester > 3 point hitch wont lift

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 04:58 AM   #1
bladerunnerkim
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

3 point hitch wont lift

Hi, I,m new to the forum. I have a McCormack International tractor that I recently got of my inlaws. I also got a few attatchments. I tryed to use the 3 point hitch and when I pull the lever to lift, nothing happens. I checked oil level in hydraulic tank and was low, so filled it up, but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
Country Boy
Bovi-Sapiens
TRKTR_MODERATOR.png

Liked 117 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Do you know the model of the tractor? International Harvester Company was in business in various forms for over 150 years. If you don't know the model, a picture of the tractor might help. Does your tractor have a draft control lever in addition to the raise/lower lever for the three point? Reason I ask is that on my 574, if the draft control lever is all the way up, the three point won't lower when you use the raise/lower lever. If that isn't the case, then the control valves for the three point might be bad, or the hydraulic pump could be shot. Our 574 had issues where the o-rings in the control block for the three point would fail and then the lift wouldn't work properly. Usually it would just jump when trying to lift anything, not being able to hold it steady. Have you tried using the remote hydraulic outlets (if there are any)? If you haven't, try and see if they work. If not, then the hydraulic pump is probably bad. Low oil levels can cause the pump to suck air and cavitate, damaging the pump and making it leak internally. I'd also check the hydraulic filter or screen and make sure it isn't plugged.

'76 IH 1066 Turbo Diesel, '73 IH 766 Diesel, '72 IH 574 Utility Gas, '56 IH 350 Utility Gas, '47 Farmall H Gas, '08 Bobcat Toolcat 5600 Turbo

Pineray Dairy -- Quality milk since 1880

Stihl, Ariens, Tecumseh, LCT, Lauson, Kohler, Subaru and Lawn Boy Certified Technician with over 10 years experience.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #3
bladerunnerkim

Hi, sorry bout that, its a B275 model. It does have the draft control lever. I will have a look at what you,ve said and give it a go. Let you know how it goes. Cheers

Quick Reply