Tractor of the Month - April- pbrezny

Help us build our Tractor Registry by Adding your Tractor!

Tractor Forum > General Tractor Forums > Petroleum, Oils, Lubricants, Additives, Chemicals > What hydraulic fluid to use ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
JamesMore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

What hydraulic fluid to use ?

I have a cub cadet 7272 with a 417 loader. One of the cylinders on the loader is leaking so I have taken both off to be repaired by a local machine shop who was able to get the seals.

When they come back and I install then how should I go about topping up the fluid. I do not know what the last owner used in the tractor so not sure what I should be using.

What type of hydraulic fluid does the loader /tracker take ?

How much fluid does the tractor take

Will I need to drain the old hydraulic fluid and put in fresh eg like a car oil change

Thank you for your help from a very novice tractor owner.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
ZZ71

If it were me, I would purge all the old fluid after making these repairs but that may not an easy task.

This fluid fluid meets Case New Holland Spec's Hy-tran Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Oil SAE 5W-30 (ATH)

Sorry, you will have to read the operators manual to determine the qty needed. Might have to R & R the complete tractor hydraulic system??? Be sure to replace the hydraulic filter is so equipped.

ref: http://www.viscosityoil.com/hy-tran.htm

Mike
2010 JD X728SE snow blower
2012 GMC Sierra Denali

Old 07-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
JamesMore

Thanks for the reply ZZ71 I will see if I can find my manual and have a read but also look to see what it would take to drain and put in new fluid.

Quick Reply