Featured Tractor of December belongs to caseman-d
Tractor Forum > General Tractor Forums > Repair & Technical Discussion > Montana tractor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
grttractorhunt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Montana tractor

Can anyone tell me if these tractors are worth the money! Are they good tractors?

Thanks
Grttractorhunt

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
tractor beam
ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIELS
TRKTR_ADMIN.png

Tractors

Liked 374 Times on 287 Posts
Likes Given: 298

I have to laugh because just yesterday, a friend of mine who had one and loved it, but sold it with his place and is now looking for another, was stunned that we had no catogory for the Montana tractors which he told me was made in the USA. So we have one vote of Excellent from my friend in Pinehurst Idaho!

And hides the pines with billboard signs, from sea to oily sea
***** The best customer of American industry is a well paid worker **** Don't believe everything you think.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
grttractorhunt

Montana

Thanks, for the reply. It seems to be a good deal, was not sure about the tractor it self. 2007 with 216 hours front loader and 4 attachments for less than 10,000.000.

Grttractorhunt

Old 09-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
BigBoyinMS

I know this is an old thread but maybe this info will still help.

First, the Montanas were made by LS tractor of South Korea and they were put together in the US. They were powered by a Mitsubishi diesel engine. And he can still buy one. But it won't be green with a Montana badge. It will be blue with an LS badge. LS now sells them and has dealers all over the country. Here is their website. LS Tractor USA If you do a dealer search it will only show the closest dealer to your zip code so you may need to call to find other close dealers.

FYI, I just bought (more like stole) one myself. A '06 model 4540 (45 hp) with loader, a brush grapple, rotary mower and box blade.
You didn't mention the model you were looking at for $10K but that sounds like a good price for almost any Montana model with a loader, low hours and 4 pieces of equipment.

Last edited by BigBoyinMS; 09-13-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #5
DANE

i have a 34 hp montana . nice unit. the pto turns and the loader works but the tractor wont move, it has an automatic trans.
HELP

Old 05-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #6
BigBoyinMS

You may want to start a new thread since this one is so old.
Wish I could help but I've never owned an HST tractor so I know nothing about them.

(Also, start a thread in the Montana forum at www.tractorbynet.com. Lot's of LS and Montana guys over there. )

Old 02-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #7
Handlebar
Tractors

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have had my 50hp Montana for about 3 years now tough little tractor had a few minor issues at first, hydraulic leaks, loader bolts backed out, a wheel seal leak but that's about it.my John Deere 6320 is newer and has had way more problems. The Montana has all kinds of power and a great 4 wheel drive unit under it also.

Quick Reply