You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of    
Tractor Forum > General Tractor Forums > Repair & Technical Discussion > Horse drawn scoop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2006, 08:28 PM   #1
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fordfarm's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,558
Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Horse drawn scoop

I was cleaning out at a neighbor's farm today and found this old horse drawn scoop. I believe it is called a "Slip" scoop. Anyone know anything about them?


"Progress stops when you can no longer improve your property, for fear of the tax burden it would bring..."
Fordfarm is offline  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2006, 10:32 AM   #2
Registered User
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15
slip or fresno

I have used one somewhat like the one in your picture. You simply hook one or two horse to it with a single or double tree. Use a handle in back to set the angle of dig and have the horse step up. Once loaded angle the slip back to carry the material to a stockpile. At the stockpile, angle the slip down so that it catches and the horsepower will flip it effectively dumping the load.

In my area thes things are being sold as lawn ornaments for rustic/fancy homes at a good price.
jd3203 is offline  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Troy Built Horse ID kmr296 Troy-Bilt 16 05-10-2017 01:19 AM
Older Horse tiller rubadub Troy-Bilt 10 04-08-2016 06:52 AM
1976 Wheel Horse B-80 Brake Pedal Coldspring1 Wheel Horse / Toro 2 09-25-2010 10:27 PM
Wheel Horse Push Start?? AveCat Wheel Horse / Toro 2 05-30-2010 07:56 PM