Featured Tractor of October - Centaur 2G Sulky
Tractor Forum > General Tractor Forums > Repair & Technical Discussion > Ford 1210

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
nopo hank
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Ford 1210

Need advice. Just purchased a used Ford 1210; brought it home on a trailer. The tractor had been setting outside for a year and a half. i have dumped the old fuel; dumped filter bowl - have replaced with fresh diesel. I put in a new battery; the glow plug indicator and plugs are working. The tractor fires and runs for 2 seconds. Any suggestions on where to go next?:confused

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
tractor beam
ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIELS
TRKTR_ADMIN.png

Tractors

Liked 357 Times on 275 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Welcome to the forum Nopo Hank! Does it have a spin on filter, and has that been replaced? Have you bled the lines of old fuel, and additionally verified that the fuel pump is working? I'm not a diesel mechanic by any means, but thought I'd mention these things in the hopes it helps you out.

And hides the pines with billboard signs, from sea to oily sea
***** The best customer of American industry is a well paid worker **** Don't believe everything you think.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
BERMUDA KEN

It sounds like there is air trapped in the system yet. Try loosening the bleeder screws and then cranking it over. If air bubbles appear, there is the issue.

Also, since this has been parked for so long, pull the air cleaner out and see if it is packed full of dirt.

Keep your IH machine alive with genuine IH parts!

See the largest online catalog of IH tractor wiring diagrams here...http://www.cngco.com/wiring_diagrams/wiring_diagrams.html

I sell parts for IH - FARMALL - CASEIH - STEIGER tractors, CUB CADET outdoor power products and WOODS mowers.....Visit the dealer I work at here..http://www.cngco.com

Old 10-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
nopo hank

nopo hanks 1210 saga contnues

started working on tractor again today with friends. removed injectors one seemed lose on removal. will take to diesel doctor for testing or rebuild. will keep the forum posted. we think this is the problem.

Quick Reply