Featured Tractor of December belongs to caseman-d
Tractor Forum > General Tractor Forums > Repair & Technical Discussion > Branson Tractors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2005, 07:32 PM   #1
snipe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Branson Tractors

Does anyone have any comments on the Branson tractor.
Good Bad or Ugly comments would be appreciated. The price for these seem fairly reasonable.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2005, 11:03 PM   #2
Durwood
Lifetime Supporting Member
TRKTR_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Re: Branson Tractors

Quote:
Originally posted by snipe
Does anyone have any comments on the Branson tractor.
Good Bad or Ugly comments would be appreciated. The price for these seem fairly reasonable.
I have never heard anything bad about them. They seem to be a well built tractor and a good bit cheaper than the big three. The only downside is that they only come with a shuttle shift without a creeper gear to my understanding. So they wouldn't be a good tractor if you wanted to do rototilling. It seems all the people who own them love them. A Montana and Mahindra would also be good choices for the money. I'm sure that resell value won't be as high as a Deere, but you also will give a good bit less for it.

I'm so far behind i thought i was first !

Old 01-02-2005, 10:45 AM   #3
MowHoward2210
Lifetime Supporting Member
TRKTR_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I saw few Branson's at the Missouri State Fair last summer. They seem to be pretty well built, IMO. I have a pic of one here. Click on the image to make it bigger.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #4
Aljo
Tractors

I have a Branson 40 horse. I love it. The only problem I have are the tie rods, they don't last long. I have had my tractor for about 4 years. I heard they have beefed up the tie rods now and am trying to get the factory to give me a kit to beef mine up. No luck so far. I got the straight stick and have 12 gears forward and reverse. It does go slow in the lowest gear. I don't think you would go wrong with a Branson.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
broncobilly_69

my dad has a 35 horse branson and I was really impressed with how it was put together. They do a great job on the undercarriage of keeping things up and out of harms way. The company that makes their motors also makes small motors for Cummins. I think Branson might even have the Cummins name on their motors these days. my Dad has had his for about four or five years now and the only problem he has had was with the glow plug relay staying on. He switched it to a manual push button and has had no problems since.

1966 IH 424, 45hp gas, 2wd, GB FEL

Old 05-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
jpir46

Has anyone had problems with a Branson 3510H whining in second and third? Or is this normal?

Old 05-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
diverdanm

Branson 3510

I am really starting to get frustrated with this board since this is my THIRD attempt at a reply. Obviously I keep hitting the wrong F'n button and my responses keep getting deleted.

This is my last try.
I have had a Branson since.. well here is my review.

http://fp1.centurytel.net/diverdan/branson3510.htm

Since this post I have had to replace the fuel pump and also repair a leaky gas tank at the neck using JB weld. No other issues and I do ALL the maintenance myself.

Dan

Old 05-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #8
okiepr

I have a Branson 2400 and love it. The company that makes the Branson also makes diesels for Cummins and has contracts with John Deere. The 2400 has lots of stuff the others charge extra to have.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #9
leginfantry

Anyone know where to find a service manual for a 3510h?

Old 05-05-2014, 09:40 PM   #10
Waterman411

Hey folks, just bought a used Branson 2400 with 285 hrs on it, love it so far. However, I have used twice and each time I notice about a table spoon of some type of clear oil on the ground right beneath the rear PTO. Also, the PTO was never used by the previous owner. Are they suppose to leak?

Old 05-30-2014, 10:09 AM   #11
RockFarmer
Supporting Member
TRKTR_SUPPORTER.png
Tractors

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Hydraulic oil leak at PTO shaft...

If it is coming out around the PTO shaft it is going to be hydraulic oil and it certainly is not supposed to leak out. You said that the previous owner never used the PTO. I'll bet that it is a rusty as all git-out. I would guess that the rust had worked it way back to the seal and now has chewed it up. I had a 6530C and now a 6640C so I don't know the mechanicals on the 2400 and I don't know if you can pull the PTO final shaft out the back end or not, but, you are likely to need to pull it out sand blast the rust off of the shaft and get the seal area ground and polished. New seal, of course. There after keep that shaft greased all the way up to the seal. I use silicone grease on things like that. It isn't the best lubricant, although it's good enough, but, it is impervious to water, oil, diesel, gasoline and just about anything that you are likely to run into. Also, it doesn't soften or melt with heat. It won't absorb enough water to turn to muck or Mayonnaise. In fact, the only real down side to it is that nothing that I know of will really dissolve it, so it can be hard to clean off. I buy it in 5 oz. tubes as Molykote 111, (Dow-Corning) or as Dow-Corning High Vacuum Grease. You can order it from McMaster-Carr, Inc., MSC Industrial Supply, R S Hughes or most any scientific supply house. At any rate, keep that shaft greased so that rust won't grow back to the seal.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #12
edwardgrey01

I bought this beast a year ago, it was a lovely horse but o fcourse there are issues like, It had a few leaks spring here and there in the hydraulic connection points.Its not a big deal because the dealer fixed it.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:25 PM   #13
silverslim

I bought a Branson 4520C in July. I almost froze to death last winter plowing snow with my FarmTrac 390HST...a great tractor but no cab...and no local dealer for service. My 4520C has a beautiful cab with heat and A/C. Can't wait to plow this winter! And the wife says we need a new barn to put the tractor in. Life is good....and so is Branson.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:20 PM   #14
vegasmax

bought one tractor seems fine no real problems...except support. Hard to get any answers to simple questions I need a wiring diagram for my 20serices for the instrument cluster. Wrote company several dealers no response. This stuff should be public domain stuff and PDF accessible form. Parts are very high and you can only get them from the dealer. I wish I did more homework before I bought this brand of tractor. I did adapt a different Alternator and save over three hundred dollars and a better alternator.
Good luck

Quick Reply